Rookie
cantrelax
Accepted Solution

deleting shows from DVR and adult programming

For the past few days when we watch and delete shows from the DVR the channel switches to a station that is promoting adult programming.  We record shows that my young son watches and I do not want hoim seeing this type of content when he deletes a show.  Please fix this!

Please use plain text.
Established Sharer
Satch

Re: deleting shows from DVR and adult programming

cantrelax wrote:

For the past few days when we watch and delete shows from the DVR the channel switches to a station that is promoting adult programming.  We record shows that my young son watches and I do not want hoim seeing this type of content when he deletes a show.  Please fix this!

Greetings,

This is a serious concern as there are programs on the system that are not intended for children!  What type of box do you have, (make and model?)  The first thing I would do is the following:

1.)  Press LIST or DVR on your Remote to Access the DVR Record List.

2.) Look for any adult programs in the list and delete them from the DVR.  Do this without watching a playback of anything else.

3.) Scroll to Scheduled Records.  Any adult content scheduled delete that.

4.) Make sure Series Recordings does not show adult content, if it does, delete that.

5.) Check Recording Timers making sure that no channels in Adult Channel blocks are set.  If so, delete them.

6.) Turn off your cable box and unplug the cable box for 30 seconds.  Plug the cable box back in and allow the system to reboot.

7.) If it happens again, call TWC to speak about this issue.  They do a good job with helping families with children bypass adult content,  They will probably need to send out a tech for signal and line tests and a possible box swap.  Be sure to include the channel(s) that the DVR is tuning to when programs are deleted.

8.) Do you subscribe to any adult channels?  If you do, could your son be watching them without your consent?  You can also set up a wide range of parental controls to block content of this nature for viewing.

9.) If you don't subscribe to adult channels, something is wrong with your box or line.  You should get a tech out ASAP because this needs to be addressed.  Maybe the cold reboot will fix things.  If it doesn't call cable and get a tech out to fix this.

Satch

Please use plain text.
Rookie
cantrelax

Thank you for your reply Satch

We think we have figured out the problem.  We set the channel that the DVR "defaults" to when programming is deleted or turned on.  When we first got the DVR and set the channel it was set to the beginning of the "regular" HD channels that we watch.  Time Warner recently changed the channels around and now, the channels that used to be regular HD are the channels where the adult programming is.  The box would default to the channel that we set but it is now an adult network.  Needless to say it has been taken care of.

Please use plain text.
Established Sharer
Satch

[ Edited ]

cantrelax wrote:

Thank you for your reply Satch

We think we have figured out the problem.  We set the channel that the DVR "defaults" to when programming is deleted or turned on.  When we first got the DVR and set the channel it was set to the beginning of the "regular" HD channels that we watch.  Time Warner recently changed the channels around and now, the channels that used to be regular HD are the channels where the adult programming is.  The box would default to the channel that we set but it is now an adult network.  Needless to say it has been taken care of.

Cool!

I think I had forgotten to mention in my instruction steps that you want to make sure your Power On Channel in most cases is set to an age appropriate content situation.  Remember that in Navigator, you can have the box Auto Tune to any channel you want when turned on.  You can also have Navigator tune to the last channel viewed before the box was turned off.  (This is the default setting.)  Customers can go to Settings.  Press the Settings button on Remote  and Scroll to "Power On Channel."  Press Select and follow the prompts if your box is tuning to a channel at power up that you want to change.

Satch

Please use plain text.