Observer

Where is the Cleveland Cavs Basketball game?

I am in zip 44820.  Tonight April 12, 2017 once again I can not find the 8 pm Cleveland Cavaliers Fox Sports basketball game.

Channel 1309 FSN is Columbus Blue Jackets Hockey, but TV guide says Cincinati Reds Baseball

Channel 1310 FSNOH3HS is Cincinati Reds Baseball, but TV guide says Stanley Cup Playoff

Channel 1311 SPSNHD is Center Circle which matches the TV guide

Channel 1999 is Cincinati Reds Baseball, TV guide says Time Warner Television

This has been a problem all basketball season and is getting worse just in time for the playoffs.

If I ever do find the Cavaliers Basketball game its usually on the wrong channel compaired to the TV guide listing and so I might get an actual DVR recording 10% of the time.

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Where is the Cleveland Cavs Basketball game?

TWCtivo wrote:

I am in zip 44820.  Tonight April 12, 2017 once again I can not find the 8 pm Cleveland Cavaliers Fox Sports basketball game.

Channel 1309 FSN is Columbus Blue Jackets Hockey, but TV guide says Cincinati Reds Baseball

Channel 1310 FSNOH3HS is Cincinati Reds Baseball, but TV guide says Stanley Cup Playoff

Channel 1311 SPSNHD is Center Circle which matches the TV guide

Channel 1999 is Cincinati Reds Baseball, TV guide says Time Warner Television

This has been a problem all basketball season and is getting worse just in time for the playoffs.

If I ever do find the Cavaliers Basketball game its usually on the wrong channel compaired to the TV guide listing and so I might get an actual DVR recording 10% of the time.

Hello,

Gracenote provides the listings for the TV for several cable and media outlets.  This listing data includes Spectrum.  Is there a way that a Spectrum rep could contact Gracenote to inform them that the guide listings for Fox Sports for the zip code of 44820 are in error?  This should be reported to Gracenote, but I don't know if customers have a link to that information.

You may want to try search options to see if the channel numbers have changed.  Observe the following:

1.) If you have a legacy SA model box running the Navigator Guide- Do a Theme Search for Sports by pressing the B button on your keyboard for Baseball as the Sports Theme.  Or type "MLB Baseball" on the keyboard  and press select and look for the Cleavland Cavaliers games.  Make a note of that channel.

2.) If you have a modern box running the Navigator Guide, Begin to type Cleveland Cavaliers  with a B button search on the keyboard. ( Boxes running the modern guide are Ciscos/Technicolors, Arris, and Samsung models.)  The sports team should come up with the channel information.  Here is more information on searching with the Navigator Guide:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/tv/step-by-step/the-guide.html

Go to Find Channels at the above link.

I don't have the other guide called I-Guide but this link can help with that type of guide search:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/on-screeng/iguide/how-do-i-use-i-guide-to-fi...

I am providing the search options just in case the channel numbers have changed.  If this turns out to be not helpful, Gracenote needs to be contacted to know that the guide data is messed up for this customer's zip code concerning Cleavland Cavaliers baseball game channel locations.

If you have DVR service, I would presume you could record the games as a series.

Satch