Highlighted

What channels are in Expanded Basic Service for Spectrum?

I recently downgraded some services and now have basic, digi tier 2, and expanded basic. I went to the spectrum website channel lineup to figure out which service I can remove to cut costs and their is no expanded basic service package listed! I see basic service and the digi tier 1 and digi tier 2 options but no Expanded Basic. Before I cancel it I wanted to find it what channels are included in each of the packages. Thank you.
2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: What channels are in Expanded Basic Service for Spectrum?

pugnut68 wrote:
I recently downgraded some services and now have basic, digi tier 2, and expanded basic. I went to the spectrum website channel lineup to figure out which service I can remove to cut costs and their is no expanded basic service package listed! I see basic service and the digi tier 1 and digi tier 2 options but no Expanded Basic. Before I cancel it I wanted to find it what channels are included in each of the packages. Thank you.

If you are going to have a video package, you must at least have Basic Service, which inlcudes the Broadcast channels in your area, Public Access, CSpan, and maybe a payTV Netowrk or two.  This costs $20 per month + $6.05 broadcast TV surcharge, plus some other miscellaneous charges (franchsie fees, etc.).  Say $28 / mo, plus the cost of a Set Top Box ($5).  So you are paying at least $33 for this first tier, which you must buy.

Now is where things diverge a bit.  You must subscribe to either "SelectTV" or "Mi Plan Latino" to add any additional tiers of programming (Digi Tier 1, Digi Tier 2).

SelectTV is the replacement for "Standard" TV, but has less channels (noteably the Viacom Channels like Comedy Central, Spike, BET, MTV, & Nickelodeon).     This costs $64.99 + $6.05 + $5 per month.  It includes everything you get with Basic.  (~$80 / month retail all in for one set).

Mi Plan Latino is $44.99,   It includes Basic, too, plus Spanish Channels, plus some major payTV networks like AMC, Bravo, Comedy Central (yes), USA, FX, TBS, TNT, and few more.  It does NOT contain ANY Sports channels like ESPN, FS1, or Regional Sports Programming.  Add $6.05 + $5 to that price.  (~$60 / month all in for one set).

After you chose either SelectTV or Mi Plan Latino, you can then add Digi Tier 1 and/or Digi Tier 2 for $12 each.  You can also add premiums.  If you plan to add premiums, Select Silver and/or Select Gold is the way to go.

This link is actually for the Milwaukee Market, but provides a breakdown to give you an idea of what channels are in each tier.  Lineups WILL vary by market, so take this for what it is worth.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/rate-cards/MW/MW_SPP_Milwaukee_WIS_1080...

Re: What channels are in Expanded Basic Service for Spectrum?

Thanks!