Highlighted
Browser

This morning I found two stations dropped

GRIT and THiS network channels were changed to other networks. As far as I know, I was not notified of this change. Why the change? Were these networks just dropped or moved to other channels?

7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: This morning I found two stations dropped

are you a TWC or a Spectrum customer?

Where are you? (need zip code)

What were the local channels these were carried on?

What cable ch #'s were they?

Are these still in your online guide?

Browser

are you a TWC or a Spectrum customer? I believe I am now a Spectrum customer

Where are you? (need zip code) 12170

What were the local channels these were carried on? THiS was on WRGB DT2 and GRIT on WCWN DT2

What cable ch #'s were they? THiS was on Ch 1255 and GRIT on Ch 1260

Are these still in your online guide? Yes

Boz
Sharer

What do you see if you try to try to watch those channels?

Are they still listed for your location at timewarnercable.com/en/tv/channels-lineup.html# ?

For my location, Grit is on channel 999.

I don't think I ever had THiS in my lineup.  It looks like a good channel, though!

I'm afraid you might need to contact support about the problem.  Good luck!

Browser

What do you see if you try to try to watch those channels? Channel 1255 is now TBD TV and Channel 1260 is now CHRG TV.

I do not receive channel 999. I do not have any cable "box" other than a digital converter. 999 is not included in my "package".

GRIT and THiS are still listed in the online channels as they were before yesterday.

Boz
Sharer

GRIT is still working fine for me on channel 999.  I wish I could be more help, but maybe just knowing it still works in another region will help you get help from TWC/Spectrum.

Observer

This has nothing to do with TWC/Spectrum. THIS and Grit are subchannels that are programmed by local stations. Sinclair, which owns WRGB and WCWN, must have changed the subchannels they carry. The new subchannels, Charge and TBD, are both owned by Sinclair and the old ones were not, which is likely why they made the change. TWC/Spectrum cannot do anything about it, it was a decision made by Sinclair (similar to if WRGB changed from a CBS affiliate to NBC for example).

Thanks for posting this, by the way, I'm also in the Albany market and didn't know WRGB/WCWN made these changes.

Browser

Thanks, SEJ, for that onfo.