Rookie

The CW and MeTV

We are in the Benton KY service area. MeTV is sometimes on channel 10 and sometimes the CW occupies that channel. I've never met anyone who prefers the CW over MeTV so why on earth would y'all switch back and forth? It's annoying...
2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: The CW and MeTV

They should seperately be on higher number probably 3 digit channels. If you're not paying for that tier you won't get them... Next question; are you a TWC legacy or a Spectrum customer?

Both are treatred differently, as if they are 2 seperate companies with totally different tiers and even channel numbers can be different.

Do you have a box, if so what model #? It could also be marginal signal levels/ corruption or a bad box or incomming interference.

Sharer

Re: The CW and MeTV

ColCon wrote:
We are in the Benton KY service area. MeTV is sometimes on channel 10 and sometimes the CW occupies that channel. I've never met anyone who prefers the CW over MeTV so why on earth would y'all switch back and forth? It's annoying...

It's all about the carriage agreement.  In most markets, MeTV is a digi-sub-net, and is broadcast over-the-air on a stations sub-channel (i.e. - Channel 10.2 instead of Channel 10.1).

If you're getting CBS / CW / MeTV from KFVS (and therefore WQTV/WQWQ), the station itself is choosing to split time on that sub-channel (KFVS-DT2) between the CW and MeTV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFVS-TV

Your complaint should be with station management, and not the cable company.  The station is choosing what programming to provide the cable company.