Dmd
Rookie

Starz On Demand - Original Series Missing

I went to watch the advance premiere of Season 2 of Outlander yesterday on Starz On Demand and there was no listing for any episode of Outlander.  Only four of the Starz original series were listed.  Many, like Outlander, were missing (Ash v Evil Dead, Blunt Talk, Girlfriend Experience, etc.).  Starz shows all of these series as being available on their On Demand Channel, and if you use the Guide keyboard search you can pull them up that way so TWC has the programs, they are just not accessible through the actual On Demand channel.  Unfortunately, I couldn't access the Outlander advance premiere through the keyboard search.  I called Customer Support and unless I was missing the actual On Demand channel they had no idea what I was complaining about.  I even asked for a supervisor and they didn't understand the issue either but said they'd make a report but they thought it must be a Starz problem linked to their using a new logo this week.  I don't that's the case.  I checked today and now there are only 3 original series listed.  I checked HBO and Showtime On Demand and their original series listings look much more complete, but I could see that Nurse Jackie was missing from the very short list for Cinemax, although you can find it through the keyboard search.  I'm hoping someone here knows what the problem is and how to get it corrected.

8 REPLIES

Re: Starz On Demand - Original Series Missing

Movie content on the Starz on demand channel has almost entirely disappeared--likewise on the Starz Encore on demand channel.  The On Demand Portal has some of the expected content.  Search is not a useful replacement for the On Demand menu presentation.  Movie content on other On Demand premium channels seems unaffected.  It would be useful to know what TWC/Starz plans are for this service.  Customer support seemed entirely unaware of the content alterations.

Lead Moderator

We are sorry to hear you have had difficulty getting those. The Outlander episodes are available 

on the Starz channel On Demand through TWCTV.com and the App. I see they are also available 

through https://www.starz.com/series/outlander/episodes   

Hope this helps!

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Dmd
Rookie

As my original message clearly indicated, I certainly knew where all of the Starz On Demand programming was supposed to be found, it's just that it wasn't appearing on the TWC Starz On Demand channel when I posted this message on Friday.  While I was very happy to find the advance premiere of Outlander episode 201 listed on the TWC Starz On Demand channel on Saturday, I had hoped that the rest of the Starz On Demand program listings had now also been restored, but only 3 original Starz series and 1 movie were there.  I checked today after seeing your response and it does look like all of the current options are now listed, however, only episodes 104, 109 and 113 of Outlander are shown, even though the complete first season is available through the Guide keyboard search.  I do appreciate any efforts you may have made to restore the content of this On Demand channel and hope that you can ensure that the rest of the Outlander Season One episodes are added back in.   

Lead Moderator

If you are missing content On Demand through your set top box that the website shows should be available

http://tv.twcc.com we would firstly encourage you to unplug the power to your cable set top box for about 30 seconds then plug that back in.

If you do not see the content at that point, please do feel free to contact us. Please have examples

of what episodes are missing from your Set Top Box. We can double check the website and verify 

that you should have this. From there we can escalate if needed.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

Here I am trying to find episode 202 for the Oitlander series, and it is not on the list, either on Starz demand or the On Demand Portal. It is supposed to be available as of midnight last night, as it was for season 1, and as other cable providers offer, but not on TWC. In addition, let me add I often will see a movie that has already started on one of the premium channels that I pay premium bucks for and would like to watch, but not from the middle, so I go to the on demand portal or the on demand channel for that premium service only to find it isn't even listed. This happens frequently and I believe it is TWC that is screwing this up. I can't wait for Google Fiber! You suck TWC.
Newcomer

And another example of your incompetence is House Of Lies, which I binge watched one weekend, only to discover there were several shows missing from the lineup, like episode 309, a key episode of the season. And why should I have to check twcc.com to see if it is available? If I have episodes 308 and 310 available, wouldn't it make sense that 309 is available? Except it's not.
Rookie

Julie,

I have a similar problem. I just watched the first episode of Season 1 for Outlander. But then realized that while Starz on demand features all the episodes of season 2,  for season 1 it only has episodes 1, 4, 7 , 9, 12 and 14. 

This doesn't make any sense. Now that I'm interested in Season 1 after watchingthe first episode, why would I ever jump to episode 4, then 7 . then 9 etc.

This is all through my tv/cable box, and a friend of mine also has the same problem.

Dennis

Lead Moderator

At our website for On Demand i see that both seasons plus the Outlander Extras are available online.  Starz On Demand  You can also check here for what should be available through your Set Top Box On Demand.    

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums