Observer

Spectrum lineup moving channels to tier 2

Here we go again. Lost Destination America and Science channel. Was told on Feb 9 these channels were removed from Tier 1 and moved to Tier 2 channel lineup. No notification was sent out and even the channel lineup for my area still shows these channels as Tier 1. So I have to pay $12 more to get the same channels I already had. No explanation on why they did this from customer service. Typical bait and switch. I was told that by adding Tier 2 I will get more channels but I don't want more channels I don't watch. Forced to pay more for the same programming I had a week ago. They say No Contract so I can choose to cancel service if I don't like what I pay for. Great customer service .. I would rather have a contract that would garentee the programming and rates for the term of my contract. Seriously considering other options now.
5 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Spectrum lineup moving channels to tier 2

HAven't seen anythhing  here on that (yet), but there ARE a few channels I wish I had, but I'm ALREADY PAYING TOO MUCH, and not going to pay more for 2 channels (out of maybe 12 or 20).

I DID write to several of the channels to tell them that, never got a reply.

Newcomer

Imagine my suprise when I noticed this on Saturday and called and did a live chat and no one knew what was happening.  They both said that something mustve been wrong with my box and sent out a tech on Sunday.  Tech got here and showed me an email saying the channels have been moved to tier 2.  I called and cancelled as soon as he left

Boz
Sharer

superlarz wrote:

Imagine my suprise when I noticed this on Saturday and called and did a live chat and no one knew what was happening.  They both said that something mustve been wrong with my box and sent out a tech on Sunday.  Tech got here and showed me an email saying the channels have been moved to tier 2.  I called and cancelled as soon as he left

Good for you!  Losing customers is the only thing that is going to get through to TWC/Spectrum!  Did u get a replacement TV service provider?  Were you able to find a replacement internet service provider, or did you have to stay with TWC/Spectrum for internet?

Observer

Yes what a joke Spectrum would do this to their customers and not even give a notification. TWC gave plenty of notice when channel lineups were being altered. Emails and letters and the website. This time nothing and not even the customer service had any info. Imagine the surge of calls and complaints for missing channels with no way to resolve (except upgrade to the next tier). The lady I spoke with gave me a free month of tier 2 just to try out the additional channels. She did this after I asked exactly what additional channels I would be getting and she did not have that info because the website still showed the old channel lineup where I was suppose to get the 2 missing channels I originally called about. Again great customer service Spectrum .. sarcasm intended.
Highlighted
Newcomer

yes this is way to expensive ,switched to spectrum boxes, now i lost 12 channels, after they told me, i would have all the current channels i had, looking into new provider, i now have a bunch 

stupid channels we dont watch, looks like they may loose alot of customers, have a good day

godbless