Newcomer

Slow On Demand and no access to shows on many channel's websites

I was really exctied to watch the new episode of TV Land's Younger, which aired on Wednesday night, today (Friday). I went to On Demand to discover that it was not avaibale until Saturday, which seems like a very long wait for On Demand to update. The really iritating thing is that Younger shows up in the new titles, when in reality it doesn't have the new title ready to watch.

Like usual when On Demand is too slow, I turn to the channel's website. In the past, I have watched Younger on the TV Land website with no problems. I actually watched it last week. When I went on the website this week, it says that Spectrum no longer provides it in the package.

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Slow On Demand and no access to shows on many channel's websites

slow to load on demand, ppv, and sdv channels are usually due to marginal/ bad signal levels.

Established Sharer

TV Land is a Viacom channel that has been moved to a higher tier in most areas, along with Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1.

Trusted Helper

reds91185 wrote:

TV Land is a Viacom channel that has been moved to a higher tier in most areas, along with Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1.

Yes,

TWC once provided TV Land on Standard Cable.  Due to the high cost of Viacom channels, Spectrum has moved it to the Gold Package.  You would need to subscribe to Spectrum Gold to get TV Land and most other Viacom channels.

You would need a signal and drop line test specified on a work order for a service call to Spectrum if your CATV on Demand is consistently slow or unreliable, or channels are pixiated.  The tech should also check the main junction box on your street.  A swapped box will not solve bad signals levels.  Try to avoid rebooting boxes or modems for six hours before the tech comes, as this will reset the error codes that the tech needs to see.

Satch