Rookie
a302nsyd
Accepted Solution

SPEED Channel - is it missing from your Guide too now?

Hi all,

The SPEED Channel has suddenly disappeared from our lineup.   Any ideas?

Frustrated,

cdw

Please use plain text.
Established Sharer
Satch

Re: SPEED Channel - is it missing from your Guide too now?

a302nsyd wrote:

Hi all,

The SPEED Channel has suddenly disappeared from our lineup.   Any ideas?

Frustrated,

cdw

Speed Channel afaik has been replace by two new Sports Channels Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2.  In most areas, Fox Sports I should be on your main Digital Tier. Digital Standard) or Digital Variety Package.) Fox Sports 2 is on TWC Sports Pass.  They replaced Speed with this channel, because in addition to Auto Racing, FOX Sports 1 has more variety, so much that it has been broken up into two stations.

Satch

Please use plain text.
Rookie
a302nsyd

Thanks for the info, Satch.  I chatted online with TWC earlier and they reset our DVRs and that didn't work and then they scheduled a tech to come out.  Ha, this will be hilarious if what you say has actually occurred and the tech comes out for no reason.

I will investigate.

Thanks again,

cdw

Please use plain text.
Rookie
a302nsyd

Just found this in wiki:

Speed was a sports-oriented cable and satellite television simulcast channel dedicated to motorsports that was owned by the Fox Sports Media Group division of 21st Century Fox. Although based in the United States, Speed ceased being available to most U.S. viewers and ceased as a stand alone channel with its own original programming on August 17, 2013, when it was replaced by the general-interest sports channel Fox Sports 1.[1][2][3]

Please use plain text.
Established Sharer
Satch

a302nsyd wrote:

Just found this in wiki:

Speed was a sports-oriented cable and satellite television simulcast channel dedicated to motorsports that was owned by the Fox Sports Media Group division of 21st Century Fox. Although based in the United States, Speed ceased being available to most U.S. viewers and ceased as a stand alone channel with its own original programming on August 17, 2013, when it was replaced by the general-interest sports channel Fox Sports 1.[1][2][3]

Here is more information from TWC about Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/splash-pages/fox-sports-1.html

Satch

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
Jeffmyra

Speed went away, had issues getting Fox1 loaded, then it showed up. Still not loaded on TIVO. but what is the use. I miss "MotorSports" network, share the word. Don't want to even hear about....Baseball, Football EU football, Fighting in a cage.... Need a new Motor sports channel, I as many hold FOX accountable for the agravation. RIP speed channal, I heard ESPN may come out with a new Motor Sports only channel. Any word? 

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
jfelbab

Just wanted to add my disappointment in TWC for taking away the Speed channel and putting it on the $9/month premium sports package.  So now I won't be watching NASCAR practice and qualifying.  You have just given me more free time to think about switching to a more customer driven competitive provider like AT&T Uverse or CenturyLink/DirectTV and dropping my SignatureHome service.

So far you have managed to:

1. Block my local NBC feed since July 25th. (Channel 4 in Milwaukee)

2. Increase my modem fee

3. Take away the Speed Channel

You are giving me aample reasons to look at other alternatives.

You might find it interesting to know how this is affecting your company.  These things continue to annoy me on a daily basis, as I've been unable to watch Green Bay preseason football games and now some NASCAR coverage hs been lost.  With all this continuing annoyance I've decided to not go with your home security package and instead, chose ADT. Now you may also soon lose my $250 monthly cable/Phone and Internet fee as well.

Time to start think about your customers needs.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
stannc

TWC didn't take away the Speed Channel. The owner of the channel, FOX, changed the name and content of the channel.

Please use plain text.
Established Sharer
Satch

jfelbab wrote:

Just wanted to add my disappointment in TWC for taking away the Speed channel and putting it on the $9/month premium sports package.  So now I won't be watching NASCAR practice and qualifying.  You have just given me more free time to think about switching to a more customer driven competitive provider like AT&T Uverse or CenturyLink/DirectTV and dropping my SignatureHome service.

So far you have managed to:

1. Block my local NBC feed since July 25th. (Channel 4 in Milwaukee)

2. Increase my modem fee

3. Take away the Speed Channel

You are giving me ample reasons to look at other alternatives.

You might find it interesting to know how this is affecting your company.  These things continue to annoy me on a daily basis, as I've been unable to watch Green Bay preseason football games and now some NASCAR coverage hs been lost.  With all this continuing annoyance I've decided to not go with your home security package and instead, chose ADT. Now you may also soon lose my $250 monthly cable/Phone and Internet fee as well.

Time to start think about your customers needs.

Greetings,

TWC had nothing to do with Speed Channel's removal.  This was a decision by Fox.  Speed Channel is gone everyone and has been replaced by Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and another new Fox Channel has been added in many Markets, such as Milwaukee Wisconsin, FXX.

Don't forget that TWC reached an agreement with Journal Broadcasting and WTMJ has been restored to all areas affected by the former blackout  Tune to channel 1004 for the station in Milwaukee and Metro areas for the HD version, same as before.  The SD version for channel 4 is now on TWC Cable Channel 2

The modem increase is a disappointment obviously, but other providers charge $8.00 a month or more.  Comcast is one of them.  If you have TWC High Speed Internet, you can buy your own modem and save the fee.  I have a Netgear One, has worked well for years.  Unfortunately, TWC Digital Phone does not have a "Buy your Own Modem for the Phone Service."  Are you in a TWC package or bundle?  If not, maybe you could call TWC and ask for Customer Retentions.  See if they can offer you some discount specials to combat the rising prices.

Satch

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
husker81

I found that it was changed to channel 788 on my box and NBCSports is above it a few channels it was changed to FOX

Hope that helps you

Please use plain text.