Rookie

Program jumps to live when watching delayed broadcast after pausing

When watching a channel after pausing, the video jumps forward to live broadcast when a new program comes on at the hour or half hour. Anyone else notice this? Very annoying.  Hope TWC notices and changes this back.

7 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Program jumps to live when watching delayed broadcast after pausing

A shot in the dark... if your DVR is relatively full then there isn't much buffer disk space to store paused shows. The box will return to live broadcast when it runs out of disk space. Why it would do that on the hour or half I wouldn't know. If that's not the case, were you watching Ghost Hunters because those bad boys get into every nook and cranny they can (j/k).  

Rookie

No, I still have at least 30% disk space left. This started about a week before I posted originally. It has continued. Moreover, a friend in the area that also has TWC has seen the same thing. It seems to have been a new 'feature' with the latest software change.

I am surprised others have not posted here; it is very annoying to have to rewind back to where we were before the jump. 

Valued Contributor

It's happened to me but not very often. I don't know why. Using the Last button (or similar depending on the remote) brings the recorded show back starting at the place it left off. 

Newcomer

I have the same problem.  If I pause while watching a show and that recorded show goes over the start of a new show, then  cable jumps to the new show and I lose the end (usually the most interesting part!) of the show I was watching.  Very annoying.

Can we expect a reponse from TWC here?  I would like to have an answer soon as the Easter Bunny says he has the same problem and I told him I would let know what I found out.

Newcomer

I'll give this a try. Thanks

Rookie

I have been having same problem for the last few months

Newcomer

I opened a chat for this very issue...the agent sent a data string to my DVR box...rebooted...same issue:  paused a live program then starting watching it and at 33 minutes past the hour, it jumped to live programming (also happens at 3 minutes past the hour).  A technician is coming out in 2 days, we'll see if it gets fixed then...