N/A

On Demand - not available on a consistent basis

why is it so hard for the droid that is employed by TWC to push the button each day so that the network & other channels shows are available on demand??? i call at least every other week to complain about this & get told that it is a free service (what service???) and no credit is allowed. well guess what.. i am paying for the all those channels and a special add on price for those local channels, so yeah you do get something now start living up to the millions of commercials you have about your great on demand service.

8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: On Demand - not available on a consistent basis

jersma, 

I apologize for the frustration with your service.  The short answer is that OnDemand content is licensed and needs to be released to us from the network before our engineers can add it to our OnDemand library.  While most content is available the next day, it can take several days. There are several factors that can cause delays, depending on the network and the series. Some networks release their OnDemand content exclusively on their websites first, then make it available at a later date. I hope this information is helpful.   

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Why do we pay for this service only to have it work 40% of the time. The constant freezing of TWC is redicolous yet the rates keep going up. I cant wait for someone to start a lawsuit for not providing services rendered under the agreement. 

Trusted Helper

Jhnblgr wrote:

Why do we pay for this service only to have it work 40% of the time. The constant freezing of TWC is redicolous yet the rates keep going up. I cant wait for someone to start a lawsuit for not providing services rendered under the agreement. 

Greetings,

Video on Demand issues such as freezing, pixilation, or stuttering audio, are often the result of a bad signal or drop-line.  Contact TWC for a signal and drop line test for your video on demand channels.  Specify in the work order that a tech should be dispatched to your home for a signal and drop line evaluation.

When the tech comes, tune to the On Demand Channels that are most problematic so that the tech can take a signal reading.  The drop line may need to be replaced.  The main junction box on your street may have corroded wires.  The tech can check that out and if needed replace the drop line and junction box.

It is rare that these issues are the result of a bad box.  Have the tech check the signals and lines first with a reading.  If the lines are OK and your box is really old, such as an SA or Motorolla model, the tech should replace the box with a more modern Cisco, Samsung, or Arris unit.  Be advised however, that a new box will not solve bad lines or signal issues, so that must be checked first.

Satch

Expert

If you have twc internet, copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages. They're at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.

Most modems have a corrected/ uncorrected counter that will show history since last reset, the log will also show errors.

Modems have error correction, cable boxes/ dvr's don't, so if your line get's noise, the modem fixes a lot(but it get's slowed down) and the cable box breaks up.

Next issue is too many splitters... upen splitter ports, lines off to unused jacks.

On your cable box, go to an on demand ch.

Hold in the select for 10 seconds and hit the up arrow.

What is the IB freq, level, s/n?

What are the FWD & REV OOB freq & levels.

If the OOB tx (reverse) power level is above +52 dBmv, you're going too have issues, it won't work at all at +57 dBmv

Spectrum Employee

jersma wrote:

why is it so hard for the droid that is employed by TWC to push the button each day so that the network & other channels shows are available on demand??? i call at least every other week to complain about this & get told that it is a free service (what service???) and no credit is allowed. well guess what.. i am paying for the all those channels and a special add on price for those local channels, so yeah you do get something now start living up to the millions of commercials you have about your great on demand service.

I'll try to address this in 2 ways since it wasn't specific and the "TWC" answer was about how soon content is provided OnDemand.

1) If this is about a specific series and your complaint is about how long it takes to show up OnDemand, then you can refer to the answer provided by the TWC Social Media employee with this additional tidbit. OnDemand is only as good as the networks that provide it to TWC. If ABC, FOX, FX, whoever, chooses not to release a show OnDemand in 24 hours, that is their choice. TWC transmits what it is provided by the networks.

2) If your OnDemand is not available to be viewed on a persistent basis, then there are some issues going on that need to be addressed. Could be equipment or poor signal levels affecting the service. OnDemand is provided through a 2-way connection, meaning your cable box has a modem inside of it to allow for video streaming. Cable boxes aren't as touch when it comes to signal like modems are, and if your signal fluctuates outside of acceptable, or isn't acceptable to begin with, that will kick that modem offline in that box and cause you to lose some Switched Digital Video channels and OnDemand services. If this is the case, you need a TWC Tech.

As far as not qualifying for credit, that is correct. OnDemand is a complimentary service that TWC is not required to provide. You are paying for the channels that are part of your package, everything else is bonus. I could tell you I'll credit your OnDemand service for a year due to issues, and that credit would come out to $0 because it is not a billed service. Now, is it possible to receive a credit for issues where you can't view OnDemand? Sure, but that will depend on how generous the rep is feeling. If you pushed the issue, I might offer you a 1 time courtesy credit of $10, but I would have to give you the disclaimer that the credit may not get approved because it is not a justified credit.

The true point is though, if you are having persistent issues, take action. Request a tech if need be. You can't fix poor signal over the phone and issues with OnDemand are almost always part of issues with signal.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Rookie

We haven't had on demand movies available for almost three weeks now (maybe more).  We've called TWC several times, and "they're aware of the issue and are working on it".  Crappy service is really getting old. You can get Amazon Prime on demand and watch movies that way.  They offer a 30 day free trial.

Lead Moderator

IHateTWC

We would be happy to look into this for you. Normally we would not see an Outage of this nature for 

this time period. 

If you will please contact us directly by clicking this link we can look further into this for you.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

I dont appreciate that I am missing my shows due to the fact that they are not up OnDemand in a timely fashion. It would be greatly appreciated from the customers if the shows are up the next day for us to watch soon. The OnDemand has been several times of bein extremely late of showing up on the television and this hinders me watching my shows. I feel one of the things I enjoy the most Is the OnDemand section but I cant enjoy that if my shows are not available to watvh. Please try to put the shows up in a timely fashioon, it would help a lot.