Newcomer

No Nickelodeon

I just subscibed to the triple play package and to my surprise there is no Nickelodeon. The one channel my daughter was looking forward to and the normally standard channel isnt there. Im paying over 100 bucks a month and thats with their special and there is no Nickelodeon. UNBELIEVABLE.. Still not sure what other standard channels are missing. Im not interested in finding out. I will be canceling my subscrition and go back to watching Netflix. Get it together Spectrum if you want happy customers. Another dissapointed customer.

5 REPLIES
Participant

Re: No Nickelodeon

[ Edited ]

In Milwaukee, Nickelodeon is on Channel 103 or 1103. Part of Spectrum Gold (Digi Tier 2).  If you don't need Premium Channels, Digi Tier 2 only costs $12/mo over Digi Tier 1

Newcomer

I think its ridiculous that i would have to pay even more for nick. Its not like its some premium channel. Why would they take it out of the standard lineup....oh so they can get more money out of me. I refuse to give in. very dissapointed. Even direct tv gives you nick on their lowest package.

Valued Contributor

frithstool wrote:

I think its ridiculous that i would have to pay even more for nick. Its not like its some premium channel. Why would they take it out of the standard lineup....oh so they can get more money out of me. I refuse to give in. very dissapointed. Even direct tv gives you nick on their lowest package.

In some markets, Spectrum has moved the Viacom-owned channels (Nickelodeon, VH-1, MTV, Spike, BET, and Comedy Central) to a buy-through digital tier, and removed them from the Standard / Select tier in order to compete with skinny bundles offered by other providers, such as SlingTV, PSVue, etc.  SlingTV only offer Comedy Central in their base packages, and offer the kids packages as $5 add-ons (Teen Nick, Nick Kids, etc.)

With content providers asking more and more per sub, and demanding to be on base tiers, coupled with customers being fed up with high prices, something has to give.  And I think we will begin to see the sunset on some lesser-watched payTV networks.

If people only paid for what they watched, many people would be paying more for what they do watch.

Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

dstoffa wrote:

frithstool wrote:

In some markets, Spectrum has moved the Viacom-owned channels (Nickelodeon, VH-1, MTV, Spike, BET, and Comedy Central) to a buy-through digital tier, and removed them from the Standard / Select tier in order to compete with skinny bundles offered by other providers, such as SlingTV, PSVue, etc.  SlingTV only offer Comedy Central in their base packages, and offer the kids packages as $5 add-ons (Teen Nick, Nick Kids, etc.)

With content providers asking more and more per sub, and demanding to be on base tiers, coupled with customers being fed up with high prices, something has to give.  And I think we will begin to see the sunset on some lesser-watched payTV networks.

If people only paid for what they watched, many people would be paying more for what they do watch.

Legacy TWC subs can still get Nickelodeon on TWC Digital Cable.  If this info is correct it is on Standard Cable.  A caution is that if you move to Spectrum Billing, you cannot go back to TWC billing.  Spectrum channel tiers are known to be smaller, and you may end up paying more in the long run.

Satch

Yeah, I'm pretty irritated about it, because they PROMISED that Nick was on my lineup, and by that I mean they handed me a lineup when signing me up and I counted on it being correct.  TODAY, for my installation, I received another channel lineup brochure - Nick is still on the regular Select tier.  Not a happy customer.