Highlighted
Observer

No NBC HD station for Time-Warner New England?

Until recently, Time-Warner carried 2 NBC stations; WHDH in Hi-Def and WNNE in Standard defintion. On January 1st, WHDH lost its NBC affiliation, leaving us in the lurch with just this poor SD station.

Supposedly there is a new "NBC Boston", WBTS-LD, but it is nowhere to be found in our channel lineup.

So, where can New Hampshire Time-Warner customers watch NBC in HD now?  Simple question.

14 REPLIES
Expert

Re: No NBC HD station for Time-Warner New England?

[ Edited ]

What is your zip code?

WBTS-LD?

KNBC perhaps?

put an antenna on your TV and see if you get a ch 8.1, 60.2 or 62.2..

Looks like it's not on TWC (yet)

http://www.nbcboston.com/contact-us/tv-listings/boston-channel-finder-400035841.html

Observer

Observer

We're in a valley up here, an antenna is completely useless unfortunately. 

Looks like we'll have to wait, according to the nbc boston web page . Thanks for the info.

Expert

Forget that on an antenna unless your up a mountain... Drove thru there on the way from Manchester up to a friends cabin on the Canadian border... You're stuck with Cable or satellite

Observer

Hey, look at that; the NHL All-Star Game on standard definition, since there is still no HD NBC channel available for New Hampshire.

Maybe if I squint really really hard, I can make out the puck.
Observer

Hey, look at that; Saturday Night Live on standard definition, since there is still no HD NBC channel available for New Hampshire.

Maybe if I squint really really hard, I can make out Alec Baldwin Or is that Billy Baldwin? Perhaps it's Stephen?

Valued Contributor

AxL wrote:

Hey, look at that; Saturday Night Live on standard definition, since there is still no HD NBC channel available for New Hampshire.

Since the Boston NBC affiliate is an O&O station now, have they made the HD signal available to providers NOT owned by them (i.e. - Dish and DirecTV?)   I assume that the HD feed is available on Comcast systems....

Sharer

So channel 777 for Charter or 1205 for TWC don't give you an HD signal?

Just continued silence from Time Warner Cable about the lack of a major network (NBC)  in HD while continuing to change its customers ridiculous a la carte bills while not improving the product.  When Channel 7 Boston, our previous NBC high def channel lost its network after the New Year, nothing has happened to replace it.   I cannot wait for the demise of cable!