Newcomer

NY1 new layout is ruined. Both design-wise and technically

The new layout of NY1 that was introduced today is awful. First, the "Next Up" column on the left is unnecessary and the bottom crawl is totally distracting.  They both take up too much space - and it leaves the content shrunken and un-focused. The live video content is blurry because it's squeezed down to fit in that window - making details soft and out of focus. That makes content that is no longer HD quality. An example, the "in the papers" segment is a joke now because when the host holds up the paper - it's unreadable.  Watching content likes this makes me feel as if my glasses need changing, but, it's not my glasses. The graphic text around the edges outside the video content is crystal cleas. NY1 was the only thing keeping me on Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) so after many years - I will be switching to Verizon because of this re-design. 

7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: NY1 new layout is ruined. Both design-wise and technically

Agree 100 percent!
Hello, FIOS.
Lead Moderator

@treeboxterry @java73  We do appreciate your feedback and your participation 

in the Forums. 

We would suggest providing your feedback directly to the channel. 

NY1 Feedback

Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

NY1 News new format

I do not like the new view format on NY1 News. The weather/transit banner on the bottom and the upcoming segments on the left take up too much screen. The picture, be it anchor or news footage, is too small. Please eliminate the new side and bottom panels. Please change it back to a full screen picture.

Newcomer

Holy crap is it bad. It's headache inducing. NY1 has been around since 1992, i.e. about a quarter of a century, and by and large has stuck to the same format. A very successful format, that has allowed the news to be presented and the wonderful reporters to shine. Squeezing the actual content of the newscast into a overly-reduced box, surrounded by much too much distracting information, is a disastrous mistake. Do better, or restore the original format.

Participant

ITA.  I've emailed NY1 as follows:

"Please give viewers the option of removing the distracting Next Up left column and bottom crawl. As a result of your new design, I watch your station less.  NY1 is one of the reasons I've stayed with Time Warner (now Spectrum), but now...not so much. "

Newcomer

I agree . The new layout is awful. I don't watch it anymore because the layout is so distracting

Apart from the fact that they've ruined the format by putting up so much clutter on the screen, they've now gone way too far by axing my favorite program The Call.  They've also axed New York Times Close Up.   The only reason I have stayed with TWC/Spectrum is because NY1 is not available from any other provider, but now I am investigating FIOS and RCN.  For what I'm paying Spectrum, I can get a better deal elsewhere.