Contributor
EnglandOhio

Re: NBC SPORTS Live Extra

Hi Glevin, watching the channels on the twc app works fine, or at least it did last weekend, so anyone with gadgets should try--Android version worked fine for us and I know others used ipad and roku without issue. Streaming starts 10min or so before matches and the name of each match will appear before then.

What remains frustrating is that, as you said, twc reps don't know about this or offer it as a fix, and we stil have no on-the-go access and most of us have no option to dvr.

Very, very frustrating that twc cannot give us ONE clear overview of their plans so that weekly we don't have to wait and hope for the best. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Richardshort1

This is great to hear of a temporary fix! Way more info on this thread than I can ever get from TWC employees. Still need this issue fixed however, and presented on television...not my phone...as I'm on the West Coast so games are pretty early in the morning so I used to DVR and watch on a few hour delay....but that was last season when this issue didn't exist.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
rachelcsqp

It's great for those who can access the app. But for those of us who do not use TWC internet it's of no use. I subscribe to their TV plan with NBCSN, but not their internet service. Therefore, I cannot access TWC App...makes no sense. They really need to put it on the TV where it belongs!!

Please use plain text.
JBradB40

This has been as maddening to me as anything TV related in some time.  This agreement shouldn't be that complicated but yet week after week goes by and there's no access. 

At the same time, I'm not sure I care anymore since NBC doesn't offer full match replays.  With Fox Soccer, I could DVR and watch every single game.  If the network didn't show the game live, I knew they'd show the replay several hours later (sometimes even during overnight hours).  I was able to watch every game.

NBC gives access to each game but my DVR only records two shows at a time.  They only show one game via replay and they won't tell you which one it will be.  Even with Extra Time, you can't watch all of them.  Fox Soccer 2 Go offered full replays for seven days.  This is a step down in coverage, not an improvement. 

At least it means Fox Sports is showing ALL the Champions League games (with multiple replays).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pastbehavin

Time Warner is the worst cable provider I've had and I've had Uverse, Comcast/Xfinity and Dish. It disgusts me that they have a cable monopoly in my area. Really I can't even get the app on my phone to watch.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pastbehavin

Really, stop the canned PR response and pay attention to your customers.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
manoross

Come on TW we no you read this. PLEASE give us an update on whats happening everytime I try online chat support I get a different answer. Best one was it will be available next week, that was 3 weeks ago !

Whats the real story ?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Fbagheri

Here is my chat conversation that just ended.

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:34:12 PDT 2013)>

can you find out why NBC Live Extra is not available to us in Los Angeles?

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:34:17 PDT 2013)>

Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Sophie. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:35:49 PDT 2013)>

ok

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:36:17 PDT 2013)>

Thank you.

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:36:24 PDT 2013)>

is it going to take a long time?  I have already waited half an hour

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:37:03 PDT 2013)>

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Thank you very much. I appreciate your time.

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:37:36 PDT 2013)>

I have noted your concern, please give me a moment while I check that for you.

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:39:12 PDT 2013)>

ok

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:41:12 PDT 2013)>

Please give me an additional minute; it is taking longer than expected.

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:41:46 PDT 2013)>

ok

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:43:55 PDT 2013)>

I do understand that how disappointing it is when you are not able to enjoy your favorite game, but due to issues with Journal and there outrageous demands we are no longer carrying those channels anymore.

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:44:32 PDT 2013)>

Unfortunately, Journal Broadcast Group is demanding a huge increase in compensation – more than 200% – to carry the same programming they deliver over the air for free.
By law, Time Warner Cable cannot carry Journal Broadcast Group’s channels without its permission. And Journal is withholding that permission while demanding a huge increase in compensation

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:45:42 PDT 2013)>

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:46:11 PDT 2013)>

who is journal broadcast group?  this is NBC we are talking about.  Are you familiar with the English Premier league?

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:46:51 PDT 2013)>

you don't seem to understand my question or concern.  how sad

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:46:51 PDT 2013)>

I am familiar with it. NBC comes under Journal Brodcast group.

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:47:42 PDT 2013)>

Frank, I did understand you concern.

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:47:46 PDT 2013)>

your*

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:48:12 PDT 2013)>

the programing we are talking about is not a free on the air item.

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:49:00 PDT 2013)>

you do know we are in los angeles, right?

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:49:33 PDT 2013)>

Yes, that's correct. 

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:50:05 PDT 2013)>

I didn't know you also had problems with NBC in addition to CBS

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:51:11 PDT 2013)>

Frank, we have come up on an agreement with CBS, soon we will be come up on an agreement with CBS.

Sophie(Fri Sep 13 15:51:28 PDT 2013)>

agreement with Journal*

Frank_(Fri Sep 13 12:51:47 PDT 2013)>

OK thank you.  this is terrible.  by then the English Premier League season will be over.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonyinoc

That was bad customer service where they even reading what you wrote?>
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonyinoc

4 weeks into the EPL season and still no Access NBC live Extra

title says it all .. massive fail TWC 

Please use plain text.