Rookie

NBC Olympic Channel

Is Spectrum going to carry this new NBC channel? I originally thought it was just an app but it seems to be a Channel also.
7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: NBC Olympic Channel

no one here will know. All you can do is request it and if there's a lot of requests and it's free, maybe they'll add it.

Can you add this as an APP?

Is it a free one?

Does it require a cable co id/ credentials?

The last time they added the NBC Olympic channel was for the 2 week run of the olympics.

Observer

[ Edited ]

The Olympic Channel is replacing Universal HD and Spectrum was named in Comcast's press release as one of the providers that'll carry it when it launches on July 15. So it'll be available to Spectrum subscribers, but you may need to change the package you subscribe to in order to get it depending on which package Spectrum puts it in.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2017/06/15/olympic-channel-home-of-team-usa-to-launch-on-july-15-i...

Rookie

Well, according to ads on NBCSN it's supposed to start up on Saturday the 15th. But my channel guide just shows Universal HD as being Signed Off. No replacement. Even tried looking for the channel alphabetically and it doesn't show up. Not sure what Spectrum is doing here.
Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]
@TonyD It's odd that The Olympic Channel is not showing up alphabetically. Is it showing up for you with the Guide set to All Channels? It is for me.

The systems in the L.A. area have The Olympic Channel on 316 (with the programming listed as "SIGN OFF" as of while I'm typing this), while Universal HD still shows up on 634 with movies and reruns of "Killer Instinct" and "House" as of this writing, followed at 7:00 AM PT tomorrow by a diving competition, then "SIGN OFF" from noon PT onward.

Have you tried punching in 316 on your remote with the Guide set to All Channels?
Rookie

@Joey1986
Thanks. On All Channels it's shows up as 316. But alphabetically it's not there. Probably means I have to pay extra for it. Thanks!
Rookie

It has been showing up in Cleveland as Signed Off. But today it has programming. When you check to that channel it comes up stating you have to order it. Im a former TWC customer, now Spectrum. My TV package was ordered through TWC. This is Bull@&#^ if I have to pay more when Im already paying for a channel (Universal HD) that is no longer.

Newcomer

In the same boat here in NYC.  Had Universal HD which I guess is no longer, and the Olympic Channel is on 316 but I can't have it unless I pay more.  Which is such robbery considering how much I already pay...