dht
Rookie
dht

Movie Ratings Gone

DON'T REMOVE FUNCTION FROM TV SERVICES WITHOUT GIVING A REASON AND APOLOGIZING.  Examples: The star ratings for movies has just been totally removed from the tv guide. Why? Did it save money? Pass the savings to us. How is anyone to decide now whether to watch an unfamiliar movie without them? Can anyone afford the time to watch movies to determine if they are worth watching. Another example, years ago TWC had the capability to pause the picture and "still advance" the picture. Great for watching sports.......TWC removed it. Put me on a committee to evaluate proposed changes.

Browser
Algernon

Star Ratings removed from On-Screen Guide

[ Edited ]

This morning I noticed that the Star Rating were no longer showing on the On-Screen Guide without warning. I called Customer Service and was told that they are no longer be providing this for non-premium channels. When asked "Why?", she said that even her superviser wasn't given a reason. When TWC removed the DVR Compensation feature, TWC similarly refused to give a reason. Does anyone at TWC understand that making changes without communicating the changes to customers beforehand and withholding information from their people in Customer Service reflects very poorly on TWC on the whole?

Rookie
BigTee

Re: Star Ratings removed from On-Screen Guide

Looks like the ratings are also missing from my premium channels. This really is one more nail in the coffin for switching services.

Rookie
Mixer

Movie star ratings discontinued as of 12/7/13

FYI - as of 12/7/13 timewarner has discontinued the one thru four star rating system on all movie channels.
if you're like me, I rely on them for TCM - HBO etc.
The reason they are citing is available info screen space (really, 4 stars??? Four little characters....please)
Maybe the had to pay for/license the ranking (they really matched the Maltin ratings) - or, if you're a conspiracy theorist: the people the make CRAP movies probably have the most to gain - I'm just sayin', follow the money.

Anyway, please let TWC know - squeaky wheels
-m
TWC-BryanP

Re: Movie Ratings Gone

Our apologies for any inconvenience this change may have caused. We appreciate the feedback and have forwarded it to our development team.

Our Community Guidelines may be reviewed here.
Rookie
aldevinaspre

Re: Movie star ratings discontinued as of 12/7/13

I also agree. I like the movie star ratings. I use them all of the time. I would like them back. You can get rid of the word "Listings" or "Tribune media services". This should give you more space. These words are on everything on the guide. I also like the date the movie was made and the "original air date" of the movie or program. I'm not too much on reruns, especially about a tv series.

Al DeV

Established Sharer
Satch

aldevinaspre wrote:

I also agree. I like the movie star ratings. I use them all of the time. I would like them back. You can get rid of the word "Listings" or "Tribune media services". This should give you more space. These words are on everything on the guide. I also like the date the movie was made and the "original air date" of the movie or program. I'm not too much on reruns, especially about a TV series.

Al DeV

Did this happen with the new guide update?  I still have the stars and ratings on the Premium channels to which I subscribe.  No update yet for me.  For those that don't have the movie star ratings, do you have the return of DVR Compensation, with the ability to sort the guide alphabetically on all boxes? Along with the wide-screen guide on the newer boxes, (Ciscos, Samsungs Motorolas?)

Satch

Browser
Algernon

[ Edited ]

For me the movie ratings disappeared at the same time as DVR Compensation returned. Don't know about having the ability to sort the guide alphabetically. How can that feature be invoked? I have a Scientific Atlanta. The guide is not wide-screen.

Rookie
suspan

Re: Movie Ratings Gone

i agree totally with previous post.  why are the ratings removed.  is there a good reason?  or is it just twc trying another way to anger  their customers. The movie ratings are necessary!!!  Put them back, please.   i look forward to the day when i get the nerve to cut the cord!!! 

Newcomer
Joey

Re: Star Ratings removed from On-Screen Guide

[ Edited ]

This is a channel guide downgrade without the star ratings. The guide is rendered useless as films are all now placed in limbo. My outrage is such that I wii ask for a reduction in services. This decision by far puts time warner in the number 1 position of undermining their hi paying customers and time warner is doomed unless they smart up. put the channel guide stars back immediately & stop messing around please