wayne1935

Local Channel encryption

Sometime in June we received a letter that we would no longer be able to receive channels 16,17 & 18 without a box (STB or adapter) but I was under the impression that local TV channels were going to encrypted also. This doesn't appear to be the case as far as I can determine.

We've subscribed to basis service (channels 1 - 22) as long as I can remember and I used to split the signal to our QAM equipped HDTV and to a HD Homerun w/o any kind of box. When I got the letter from TWC, I switched the HDHR to OTA and took advantage of one of the TWC upgrade promos and am using a STB for the TV.

Yesterday, just for the hell of it, I connected the ATI QAM tuner in my Win7 computer to the splitter before the signal goes to the STB. I'm getting all the standard package channels (1-79) with the exception of 16,17 and 18.  According to MCE we're still receiving the local channels in encrypted QAM. For instance, channel 13.1 shows the sources as Digital antenna and Digital cable (QAM) which should give us HD. Last evening, I recorded a PBS show and given the size of the file it must be HD. 

Additionally, channel 13 also appears as Analog cable in the MCE guide. I thought there wasn't going to be any more analog cable.

Does anyone know when , or if, TWC will be encrypting local channels and getting rid of analog transmission?

Please use plain text.
TWC-JordanH

Re: Local Channel encryption

Can you please forward additional information to our Social Media team at twcable.help@twcable.com so they can investigate further?

Thanks for posting!

Please use plain text.