Highlighted
Established Sharer

Legacy Viacom on My Account

I just looked at My Account page and noticed that in my current services for TV there is a line item for "Legacy Viacom."  Has anyone else seen this on their account page or bills? Does anyone know what this for?  Are Viacom channels being dropped? Outside of MTV Live and Nickelodeon I wouldn't care.

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Legacy Viacom on My Account

Where are you?

Sounds like a franchise gone awry...

Boz
Sharer

I still see the following under Services TV:

• DVR Service
  • EPIX
  • Standard TV
  • Starter TV
  • Variety Pass
Established Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

Where are you?

Sounds like a franchise gone awry...

North Texas... 75150

Expert

[ Edited ]

how long ago was it viacom there? I thought they sold out 5 + years ago nationwide?

Are you paying for Epix?

that's the other possibility...

from 2013: TWC, not Spectrum back then:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/about-us/press/time-warner-cable-and-viacom-reach-long-term-multi...

Established Sharer

I just noticed the "Legacy Viacom" line item on my services page today. I don't remember seeing it there previously so it would have been added within the past 1 or 2 months. I do not subscribe to Epix. I'm currently on the Spectrum Silver package.  I get all the Viacom channels, I just never noticed this before.  I'm not sure what you mean by "how long ago was it Viacom"...are you talking about the cable company? We've been TWC since the early 2000's...prior may have been TCI or old AT&T.

Expert

I am not seeing the viacom line item on my bill. But I axed all the premium channels last year when the price jumped $60 a month from $30...

The system here was never owned by viacom, which was only up in Cuyahoga county.