Newcomer

Hallmarks Murders and Mysteries

We just got Spectrum (76302) Mainly because they advertised having Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and we really do like that channel. They installed it this evening (have to come back to finish in 4 days) and have been searching without luck to find it. I checked the guide that they  left and it isn't on the line up!!!  Isn't that false advertising ??

2 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Hallmarks Murders and Mysteries

In area I live, Hall Mark Murders and Mysteries is channel 1453.  

You might try rebooting your cable TV by unplugging the cable box for 30 seconds and then plug back in and let it reboot for several minutes.  Once up and running look through the channels to see if it is there.    (Maybe a TV guide for your area found on internet would tell you what channel  it is.)

You could also call Spectrum technical support for your area and maybe they can resolve situation.  There is likely a couple different tiers of TV packages to subscribe for.   Check with them if your tier includes Hallmark Murders and Mysteries and your cable box receiving the tier you subscribed for.

Re: Hallmarks Murders and Mysteries

I live in a former Insight Cable area in the Columbus, Ohio, metro area that was purchased by Time Warner and then Charter/Spectrum. Spectrum sales reps told me that if I switched from the grandfathered Time Warner package to one of the new Spectrum packages I would receive the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel. 

I switched and I still cannot receive the channel.  After many telephone calls and transfers to several different reps at Spectrum I found that even though former Insight customers are paying the same rates that the rest of the Columbus area are paying we may never receive the Hallmark Movies and Mystery channel.

There are several other channels that the Columbus area gets that former Insight does not and some of those include:

• Antenna TV
  • BBC World News
  • Cinemax MoreMax West
  • Comet
  • Crime and Investigation HD
  • Disney Channel West
  • Disney Family Movies on Demand
  • EPIX in HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • EPIX Hits in HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • EPIX HD West
  • EPIX on Demand
  • EPIX2 HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • EVINE HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • FM HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • FamilyNet HD
  • Fox Soccer Plus HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • Fox Sports Ohio Plus HD
  • Fuse HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • GetTV
  • Grit
  • HBO Comedy HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • HBO Comedy West
  • HBO Family West
  • HBO Signature West
  • HBO Zone West
  • HBO2 HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • HSN HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • HSN2 HD
  • Hallmark Movies and Mysteries HD
  • Here TV
  • IFC HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • Local Weather Radar
  • MAVTV HD
  • MC on Demand
  • NASA TV
  • Nat Geo Wild HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • Nick Jr HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • Nicktoons HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • One World Sports HD
  • OWN HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • Oxygen HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • QCV HD (Former Insight only receives in Standard Definition)
  • QVC2
  • REAL
  • REAL on Demand
  • RFD-TV HD
  • RLTV
  • RTN TV
  • ReelzChannel
  • RetroPlex HD
  • Revolt HD
  • SEC Network HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Showtime Extreme HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Showtime Family Zone
  • Showtime Next
  • Showtime Showcase HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Showtime Women
  • Spectrum Sports HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Spectrum SportsNet HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Spectrum SportsNet LA HD
  • Starz Cinema HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Starz Encore Action HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • Starz in Black HD (Former Insight Standard Definintion only)
  • Sundance TV HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • TV One HD (Former Insight Standard Definition only)
  • ThrillerMax West
  • Viceland HD (Former Insight Standard Definitin only)
  • YES Network HD

There were many other channels that are not carried by the Spectrum Former Insight area that the Columbus Spectrum area has access to.

A few Spectrum reps have told me that if I want Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and the HBO, Showtime and Cinemax movie channels in HD instead of SD, I should switch to DIRECTV. 

I have heard several excuses from Spectrum reps as to why the Former Insight areas do not carry Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and among them are: 

• The Hallmark Channel will not let Spectrum carry the channel in your (Former Insight) area. 
  • It's coming. Just wait a few months.
  • The Former Insight area infrastructure can't handle the channel.
  • Former Insight area in Columbus may never get Hallmark Movies and Mysteries.

I have heard several excuses from Spectrum reps as to why the Former Insight areas do not carry the HD signals of some of the HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and other channels that the Columbus area does have in HD and among them are:

• We don't charge for HD so you are not losing anything. The Columbus area might receive HD but you are not losing money by receiving the channel in SD. No reason was given as to why so many channels are missing in the Former Insight areas.
  • The Former Insight area infrastructure can't handle the HD content.
  • We may never fix this. You may want to consider DIRECTV if HD content is important to you.

Spectrum, my feelings are:

• Bring channel equality to the entire Columbus, Ohio, region. Same channels, same HD content, etc. We are paying the same rates.
  • Until you can, lower the rates for the Former Insight areas.
  • If you never will fix the issues in the Former Insight areas, let the customers know so that they can consider switching providers.