Observer

COZI TV missing

[ Edited ]

COZI TV network is missing from my Spectrum TV app and also from my cable service. I was told by a TWC/Spectrum representative over the phone this morning that the network "is no longer in service" and has not been since about two days ago. However, there are still listings for COZI TV in TV Guide. I checked listings for my area (zip 44077) and for several other cities on TV Guide's website and found COZI programming still listed.

What prompted COZI network to simply drop off the cable nationwide with no warnings, notices, etc. of any kind? (I don't recall seeing any notices, online or elsewhere, to the effect that COZI was being discontinued.)  This was, in my opinion, one of the best retro-TV networks around, and it is a shame it just seems to have disappeared for good.

Thank you.

Jeff (jhs190, formerly jhs19060)

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: COZI TV missing

jhs190 wrote:

COZI TV network is missing from my Spectrum TV app and also from my cable service. I was told by a TWC/Spectrum representative over the phone this morning that the network "is no longer in service" and has not been since about two days ago. However, there are still listings for COZI TV in TV Guide. I checked listings for my area (zip 44077) and for several other cities on TV Guide's website and found COZI programming still listed.

What prompted COZI network to simply drop off the cable nationwide with no warnings, notices, etc. of any kind? (I don't recall seeing any notices, online or elsewhere, to the effect that COZI was being discontinued.)  This was, in my opinion, one of the best retro-TV networks around, and it is a shame it just seems to have disappeared for good.

Thank you.

Cozi TV was replaced by Escape in our Metro Milwaukee Market with no explanation or waring given.  Still on legacy TWC billing.

Satch

Sharer

Satch wrote:

jhs190 wrote:

Thank you.

Cozi TV was replaced by Escape in our Metro Milwaukee Market with no explanation or waring given.  Still on legacy TWC billing.

Satch

It's up and running....

However, if your local NBC affiliate is not owned and operated by the network (NBC-Universal), then carriage in your market is subject to agreements with the local station which was carrying it and NBC-U.  This channel is typically carried as a digital sub-channel, and for non Netowrk O&O station, these carriage deals expire, and the digital subchannel get replaced.

One such station in my market went from MeTV to H&I to Works!

Observer

Update: I found out why COZI TV is no longer available in my area (zip 44077, 30 miles east of Cleveland), after looking up COZI TV on Google. The local TV channel which had been carrying COZI, WEWS-TV channel 5 (COZI was on 5.2), dropped the network a few days ago due to its contract with it having expired; the station did not renew said contract.

I hated to see this channel disappear in my area, since COZI carried many of the programs I grew up watching in the '60s and '70s; oh well, at least I still get MeTV and Antenna TV on subchannels of channels 8 and 19 (FOX and CBS, respectively), so I can still see my favorites. Who knows--maybe MeTV or Antenna TV might pick up some of the shows now on COZI TV, or perhaps another local TV station might get the network on a subchannel. One of the Cleveland stations (WUAB-TV, channel 43) sold its spectrum and transmitter after the FCC channel repack, so that station will itself become a subchannel of channel 19, probably by the end of the year. Perhaps they may decide to pick up COZI as yet another DTV subchannel, so there may be hope yet that the network will return to northeastern Ohio.

Fairport Harbor, Ohio

Can anyone tell me if Spectrum is going to pick up Cozi TV in the Charlotte NC market. I had it with AT&T but switched because I liked Spectrums services much better. It doesn't matter if I have if it's over the air or in the cable system I just want to get back to that channel. METV is ok as well as antenna but Cozi carries a lot of programming that the other 2 do not. Many of my friends are asking the same question. So I urge you Spectrum you should really pick up this channel I think it would be well worth it

Sharer

[ Edited ]

ghaynes1p wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Spectrum is going to pick up Cozi TV in the Charlotte NC market. I had it with AT&T but switched because I liked Spectrums services much better. It doesn't matter if I have if it's over the air or in the cable system I just want to get back to that channel. METV is ok as well as antenna but Cozi carries a lot of programming that the other 2 do not. Many of my friends are asking the same question. So I urge you Spectrum you should really pick up this channel I think it would be well worth it

It appears to be available over-the-air on WVEB-LD, as channel 40.1.  There may not be a carriage agreement in place between Spectrum and WVEB for carriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WVEB-LD

I'd recommend setting up an outdoor roof antenna.