Participant

Anyone notice some NEW HD MOVIE Channels?

Today I noticed serveral new HD movie channels - RETRO, MPLEX, HDNET, INDIE, etc., and I cannot access them. I get a number to call regarding the channel. Given I subscrible to all the premiums except TMC and have the Movie Pass and HD Pass that allows viewing of MGM and UNIHD channels, I would assume that these new channels are available to me. I called support and they have a Tech coming out today to investigate.

10 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Anyone notice some NEW HD MOVIE Channels?Is this online or on a box?

[ Edited ]

A tech? that's a waste of resources...

Sounds like a package that was added that they don't know about or something that Spectrum is up to.. Don't let them tell you to switch from TWC to Spectrum, that's a ploy to charge you more or get fewer channels.

Where are you? I don't see them here in Ohio.. but our box is presently doing a 2 AM FW update...

Are you a TWC customer or a Spectrum one?

Is this at TWCTV online (or whatever the specrum url is) or on a cable box , dvr, or a roku/AP?

Participant

Re: Anyone notice some NEW HD MOVIE Channels?

TWC merged with Spectrum a while back. We are now Spectrum in South Carolina. There have been some enhancements that were needed since Spectrum took over.

Expert

Ok, so you switched from a TWC package to a Spectrum one? If so, I can't tell you as I'm still a TWC legacy customer and not planning to change anytime soon.  I only have access to the TWC channel listings...

And of course, Ohio is different from SC, many head ends here aren't the same either.

You'll need someone from SC to see if they get the channels or what package they're part of now. Lot's of differences between Legacy TWC and the change to Spectrum between people in the same zip code nationwide...

Edit your post topic to add SC and your zip code, it'll help regionalize responses to your query...

Valued Participant

jhiller5 wrote:

Today I noticed serveral new HD movie channels - RETRO, MPLEX, HDNET, INDIE, etc., and I cannot access them. I get a number to call regarding the channel. Given I subscrible to all the premiums except TMC and have the Movie Pass and HD Pass that allows viewing of MGM and UNIHD channels, I would assume that these new channels are available to me. I called support and they have a Tech coming out today to investigate.

You won't be receiving those channels for free. That I can guarantee you.  Charter's strategy seems to be finding a way to charge you for any type of channel that airs movies.

Sharer

jhiller5 wrote:

========

I seldom watch movie channels, even though I get Showtime as part of a package.

See the new stuff, Retro won't play, Flix did.

Helper

jhiller5 wrote:

You don't need a tech in this case,

You would need to subscribe to a Spectrum Gold Package to get those channels.  If you are happy with your TWC legacy plan, DON'T CHANGE!  You may wind up paying more, might have to swap equipment among other things.  The CSR was clueless in setting up that service call.  I would cancel that call.

Go to your local Spectrum website and you can do a side by side comparison of Spectrum vs. TWC line ups.  Enter your local zip code if requested  I believe that if you wanted those channels, you would have to call and change to Spectrum Gold.  I would not recommend this for just a few channels.

Satch

Participant

I am in 29909 in SC and it appears that TWC/Spectrum service is in flux. From what I see new things are coming, like new modems, new packages, etc. They also switched me from what was called the Movie Pass to Encore Pass but I already had the channels in the new Encore Pass. They also removed FLIX channels with this changed. I have no idea when we will get the new channels I mentioned. Absolutely no communications from cable company. I printed out packages for both real Spectrum users and us old TWC/Spectrum users for when I call a local office to find out whats going on. Support doesnt know because they are remote.

Posting this again because I keep forgetting to sign in first so I dont know if you see those replies.

Participant

I already pay for all Movie Pass type addons. Unless they add a new 'PASS' subscription.
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

if you were a TWC customer then you are on a legacy TWC plan....there are new channels as part of Spectrums new packages which your legacy TWC plan won't get you. You should check your lineup at spectrum.com/channellineup. If you were serviced by TWC you will see two lineups for your area...existing TWC lineup and Spectrum lineup. The spectrum packages are different than the TWC packages. You will keep your TWC package until you switch or they force us to switch.