Rookie

Re: You will get less channels now with Starter TV Service

Thanks for the tip about potential free Roku device if prepay for several months on one of the streaming services, I will check into that. I have an HD antenna for OTA channels and yes am fortunate that I live where OTA reception is good. Cutting the cord is looking more and more as the way to go. 

Highlighted
Rookie

Officially "Starter TV" cut off at ch 22 for WNY Suburban (14304). Most people I saw that had it would get Ch 23 (TBS) and Ch 70 (MSG+) because of the limitations of the traps they were using. Sounds like your line was missing a trap for a while so you were getting the "Standard TV" pack for a discount. 

Spectrum Employee

Again, I would recommend looking at the existing channel lineup. Those channels have not been on StandardTV for a long time in most markets - so any guide printouts you have saying otherwise are very likely outdated.

Proven Sharer

@SavvTechywrote:

Again, I would recommend looking at the existing channel lineup. Those channels have not been on StandardTV for a long time in most markets - so any guide printouts you have saying otherwise are very likely outdated.

When I had internet added to my package seven years ago, the tech who made the trip out for the install couldn't believe what he found..   I had 30 year old RG-59 from the pole that wouldn't support internet, so that needed replacing.  Then he found RF traps for HBO (RF 3), and everything above RF 24. ...  I am sure there were many who got extra channels on the mid-band frequencies (Ch 95-99 on Cable ready TV sets, because they were actually between VHF-6 and VHF-7).