Highlighted
KHT
Spectator

Wrong Time Zone / State

Hi,

How can I report a TV Listings issue. I live in Columus, Texas (80 miles west of Houston).

I had been used to entering my zip code and getting Columbus but in Colorado, not Texas, which I've tried numerious time to report via the 800 number. It was OK because it came up with the correct time zone (Central)... now it's still coming up Colorado, but now in Mountian time zone.

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Wrong Time Zone / State

Make sure your router and computer are set for the correct time zone and that DST is turned on.

KHT
Spectator

The problem is with the Spectrum website. Please re-read my message.

Expert

Verify you have the correct timezone and DST in your router and the computer.

KHT
Spectator

Everything is correct on all on my machines and router.

Here's how to duplicate the problem:

Google Columbus, Tx and you'll see the zip code is 78934.

Open Spectrum TV Schedule (http://tv.twcc.com/listings). Notice the time zone (East).

Change default zip code 10001 (New York) to 78934 (shows Columbus Colorado - Columbus is in Colorado County, not the stateof Colorado) and the time zone changes to Mountian (-2 hours from New York).

As I said, Columbus, Texas 78934 is 80 miles West of Houston, 120 miles East of San Antonio, and both cities are in the Central time zone.

The TWC / Spectrum webpage does NOT use system time. My local TWC internet hub is in Gonzales, Tx. Walmart.com and Autozone.com can both figure out I'm in Columbus, Tx.

Now, I just Googled Columbus, Co. and the zip code appears to be 81122. When I put that into the TWC / Spectrum webpage, I get the massage:

Area

La Plata - Bayfield

The ZIP code you entered is outside of our service area. Please enter a different ZIP code.

Since trying to explain this over the phone to Spectrum Customer Service is a waste of time since they apparentely believe that their IT people know better than I do as to where I am.

Spectrum Employee

I replicated the steps that you described, and while I do see that the location marks as "COLORADO - COLUMBUS", that is indicating that it is loading for Colorado County. As well, the lineup that pulls up when I do this search is in Central time, and reflects the lineup for the city of Columbus in Colorado county in Texas.

If the issue you are describing is what I believe it is, I have seen it once or twice. In those cases, searching the same zip code twice without changing it (enter the zip code, press "save changes", press the location listing, and click "save changes" again) was able to pull up the correct lineup information.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, is there any chance you could include a screengrab of the issue you are describing, since I cannot replicate it on my end?

KHT
Spectator

Hi,

The time zone is working correctly right now...

Thanks to TinyTech!