Newcomer

What is interactive prompt?

Under settings, there's an option to have interactive prompt on or off.  It doesn't explain what that does...or stops doing.  Having it on or off doesn't seem to change anything.  I've Googled to see what this does but haven't had any luck.  Does anybody know?

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: What is interactive prompt?

SandLWhite1203 wrote:

Under settings, there's an option to have interactive prompt on or off.  It doesn't explain what that does...or stops doing.  Having it on or off doesn't seem to change anything.  I've Googled to see what this does but haven't had any luck.  Does anybody know?

Great question!

I am not sure, but researched this.  It seems that the new version of The Guide has the ability to do two-way interactive user communication.  Around 2011, in former legacy TWC areas, it was used for interactive polling for things like voting services and interactive responses to questions.  Maybe Spectrum could use this as a way to electronically send survey questions about new guide services or updates at some point in the future.  I believe that was designed to be an interactive polling feature.  Do any employees know what this feature does?

Satch

Expert

[ Edited ]

Should be openning up sub menues when turned on if they are actually offerring that feature.

In other words, clicking on a program will open up more info on the run time, actors, when on next, etc.

Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

MsRaye wrote:

Should be openning up sub menues when turned on if they are actually offerring that feature.

In other words, clicking on a program will open up more info on the run time, actors, when on next, etc.

I do know that since Navigator was designed byTWC/ Spectrum, that Interactive Prompt is their feature.  Not Gracenote's (Former TMS.)  I will ask around and try to get more information about this function.

Satch

Observer

You're gonna LOVE this one!

I have wondered the same thing for a long time, so after reading I decided to contact support and simply ask. I had originally thought it had to do with how prompts appear etc. So I get "tech" support". I ask simply, "What is "Interactive Prompt" under Display, then settings?" THE GUY HAD TO ASK HIS SUPERVISOR, but not before telling me to turn it off in a way you'd tell someone to leave a burning building, though not before he said I must have meant a word other than prompt. Of course I informed him I was educated enough to spell the word "Prompt" and that I was looking at it at the time we spoke. At any rate, he then told me to turn it  ON! Again with such vigor I was startled! At first he explained that it had to do with DVR (which we don't have) then it was something else. I have the transcript of this ludicrous conversation but was laughing so hard after, I was tearing up. I won't post the transcript because it ONLY reflected what I've believed for a long time. The only prerequeset. for being a tech support expert is to have a pulse. We're on our own folks. And the final straw was when he told me I sure didn't want satellite! AHHH, excuse me, but I wonder where he thinks cable comes from?

I give up! Plus I am laughing so hard again I can't see the screen!

Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

Interactive Prompt is for displaying the banner prompt for features such as

Start Over

autoHD

and Enhanced TV.

interactive prompt.JPG

Set the Interactive Prompt

1. Press SETTINGS. Settings appears with a list of horizontal categories and vertical options
  2. Use the LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS to highlight Display in the horizontal list of categories
  3. Use the UP/DOWN ARROWS to highlight Interactive Prompt
  4. Press SELECT to turn ON or OFF
  5. Press EXIT to dismiss Settings