Browser

Tier 1 and 2

How Much is Tier 1 and 2?

when i choose both them in channels they show what channels they are is that all the channels i would get? i read they are 12 dollars for each tier but i find that hard to believe that i would get all them channels for 24 dollars like the movie channels and sports packages, that sounds to good to be true i am sure...

cos the sports package alone is 10 dollars  with Fox Soccer Plus.

Thanks

timalan

7 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Tier 1 and 2

timalan63 wrote:

when i choose both them in channels they show what channels they are is that all the channels i would get? i read they are 12 dollars for each tier but i find that hard to believe that i would get all them channels for 24 dollars like the movie channels and sports packages, that sounds to good to be true i am sure...

Thanks

timalan

Please provide a link to where you're seeing this information.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Sharer

[ Edited ]

timalan63 wrote:

Thanks

timalan

While the Digi Tiers are $12 each, a subscription to them can only be bought through a tier  buy-through.

There are three types of video service you can subscribe to.  One you must buy.

1.  The Broadcast Basic Tier.  This is the barebones video service you MUST buy to add any other type of video service through the cable company.  This tier typically consists of the local broadcast stations in your market, public access, some home shopping channels, CPSPAN, and occasionally a payTV network.

2.  The a-la-carte programming.  This programming can be purchased a-la-carte after you subscribe to the Broadcast Basic Tier.  This programming includes premiums such as HBO, SHO, and MAX, along with pay-per-view programming and out-of-markets sports packages (like MLB Extra Innings or NHL Center Ice).

3.  The tier buy-through programming.  This is the category of most PayTV networks.  Programming on these tiers are negotiated with the content providers and with your cable company.  This programming is sold all-or-nothing.  Additional levels of service can be purchased, but every tier below must also be purchased.  You must "buy-through" to get the higher tiers of programming.

So you would need to subscribe to Broadcast Basic, plus the Select Tier, in order to add Digi Tier 1 and/or Digi Tier 2.  You CANNOT subscribe to just the Digi-Tiers without getting the Select Tier.

See the screen shot below from my rate card (if I were to migrate to Spectrum from TWC):

As you can see by the footnote, I need to subscribe to Spectrum Select at $64.99 / mo. to add the Digi Tiers at $12 per month each.

Retail Video Rates Jan 2017

Expert

[ Edited ]

your screem shot didn't post, you need to post it in imgur and link it here...

That may also require you to pay $59.95 a month for internet to get that bundled price so your monthly bill will be around $150-160.....

You can't simply buy those channels only for $12 a month....

Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

your screem shot didn't post, you need to post it in imgur and link it here...

That may also require you to pay $59.95 a month for internet to get that bundled price so your monthly bill will be around $150-160.....

You can't simply buy those channels only for $12 a month....

The image displays when I am logged in, and the saved photo is "public".  I don't have am imgur account, but I can post the text from the PDF which is the rate card:

SPECTRUM TV SERVICES & PACKAGES (PER MONTH)
  • Spectrum TV Basic _____________________$ 19.99
  • Spectrum TV Select ___________________     $ 64.99  (includes Spectrum TV Basic)
  • Spectrum TV Silver _____________________________$ 84.99 (includes Spectrum TV Select, Digi Tier 1, HBO, Cinemax and Showtime)
  • Spectrum TV Gold _____________________________$ 104.99 (includes Spectrum TV Silver, Digi Tier 2, TMC, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, and EPIX)
  • Digi Tier 1 1_____$ 12.00
  • Digi Tier 2 1____$ 12.00
  • Latino View ___________________________________$ 7.99
  • Mi Plan Latino ________________________________$ 44.99 (includes Spectrum TV Basic, Latino View and a selection of English cable networks)
1Available with subscription to Spectrum TV Select, Silver, Gold, or Mi Plan Latino.
Expert

[ Edited ]

That has to be a 1 year new customer price... It's  too low for existing customers pricing...

Although it doesn't include box rental, taxes and the fees that will add at least $20 to the bill. And possibly one time "installation/upgrade" fees

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime are $15 each= $45,   the last package price from twc 3 years ago was $10 each,  They're giving them away at $20... but not for long.

And umm yes, photo's aren't sharing here, only you can see them best I can tell. All I get is a yellow caution triangle....

Established Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

That has to be a 1 year new customer price... It's  too low for existing customers pricing...

Although it doesn't include box rental, taxes and the fees that will add at least $20 to the bill. And possibly one time "installation/upgrade" fees

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime are $15 each= $45,   the last package price from twc 3 years ago was $10 each,  They're giving them away at $20... but not for long.

And umm yes, photo's aren't sharing here, only you can see them best I can tell. All I get is a yellow caution triangle....

The pricing posted above is the same existing customer retail rate pricing in my area. I have the Silver package (I pay a little less than $84.99 for the package as I'm currently on a promo) and 2 boxes ($4.99 each + $11.99 for "DVR service").

Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

Fixed the photo issue.

Not included are:

• Broadcast TV Fee:  $6.05
  • Franchise Fee:  $2.62
  • Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee:  $0.08
  • Equipment:  $4.99 each

When I compare retail Spectrum Rates to retail TWC Rates, Spectrum appears to be the better deal.

Spectrum is not offering a discount for video-only service in my market.  Discounts being when you add internet and voice.  I can get a triple play for $89.97 plus  fees, which would probably be about $110 (say 2 boxes + franchise fee + broadcast surcharge.  Retail for a triple play would be $64.99 + 10 + 6.05 + 3 + 59.99 (internet) + 29.99 (voice)= ~$175 / mo.