The CW

Where did the CW go? I can watch the shows On Deman but the channel itself is no longer available.
9 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: The CW

What system and package(s) are you subscribed to?  What zip code?  What happens when you try to tune into the channel assigned to CW in your area?

Established Sharer

The CW pulls up just fine for me.  We need more details.

My zip code is 13069 and through Spectrum/Time Warner I have Good Triple Play Premium
Includes: Starter TV, Standard TV, Variety Pass. Same as I've had since I started subscribing a few years ago. I can't even tune in to the channel. When I look at a program such as Supernatural that airs on The CW through the "search" option I get the message on the top that I don't subscribe to this channel. The CW has always been a local channel. I know that a few years ago there was an issue and it was dropped but it was picked back up and 2 weeks ago I was watching it and haven't seen anything about any issues between Spectrum/Time Warner and them.
And thanks for your help!!
Newcomer

I just called spectrum they no longer carry the CW. My question is if I have to buy an antenna to watch a local channel what do I have cable for
Established Sharer

Johnsugrue3 wrote:
I just called spectrum they no longer carry the CW. My question is if I have to buy an antenna to watch a local channel what do I have cable for

Spectrum doesn't carry CW everywhere OR your local CW affiliate is no longer carried in your local area? My local CW is coming in fine for me right now.

Boz
Sharer

Johnsugrue3 wrote:

Did you receive any notification that TWC/Spectrum was discontinuing CW?  If not,

you have a valid complaint!

According to https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/admin/CLU/lineups/SYR/syr-417.print.twc.13069.html , CW should be on channel 15.

Also, https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/apps/twctv/TWCTV_Channel_List.pdf indicates that CW is available for streaming with the TWCTV app.  Have you tried that?

Moderators"  PLEASE RESPOND to let us know what's happening here!  Thank you!

It's back on my converter and set top box but it's still not available on the app except on demand.
Boz
Sharer

Cbsbrighteyes wrote:
It's back on my converter and set top box but it's still not available on the app except on demand.

MODERATORS:

Can you PLEASE respond to this?  When will The CW missing from the TWCTV/Spectrum TV app be FIXED!?

The CW is listed as an available channel on the streaming list at https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/apps/twctv/TWCTV_Channel_List.pdf , and there was no notification that it would be discontinued!

Newcomer

I am also very interested as to why the CW is no longer available on the app. It come is fine with a TV hooked directly to cable, but a few tvs simply run the app. The CW (channel 17) in the 44811 zip code as well as Fox 8 - WJW, channel 10, out of Cleveland was dropped from the app a few weeks ago, too.