N/A

TV Choice switching 10 selections

Hi,

I have been subscribed to TV choice package for a few months now.  It's been a good experience since I can stream live TV on my smart devices and Apple TV.

After a while, I have realized that there are some channels that I watch and some I don't.  I tried to change the channel selection online, but it didn't seem to be possible, so I gave a call to the customer service.  

The lady was nice and polite, but she said: "after 30 days of the start of the service, you are not able to switch channels on TV Choice".  I think it's a horrible service when a customer cannot change channels.  What it means is that you have to make up your mind for what channels to watch in the first 30 days, and after that, you have to stick to them forever.  I find this inflexibility of policy ridiculous.

I also asked the lady if I cancel the whole thing, and re-register.  She said that would not be possible because the system will read that I am trying to upgrade or downgrade the service (I have no idea what it means).

I really do enjoy the service and don't mind paying the subscription fee, but switching channel lineup is a very basic feature that a provider needs to offer.  If this continues, I will probably switch to a different provider (DirecTV just started something similar).  I hope this nonsense will be resolved soon.

All I want is to watch Kim and Trump on CNN.

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: TV Choice switching 10 selections

@yo2012 wrote:

Hi,

I have been subscribed to TV choice package for a few months now.  It's been a good experience since I can stream live TV on my smart devices and Apple TV.

After a while, I have realized that there are some channels that I watch and some I don't.  I tried to change the channel selection online, but it didn't seem to be possible, so I gave a call to the customer service.  

The lady was nice and polite, but she said: "after 30 days of the start of the service, you are not able to switch channels on TV Choice".  I think it's a horrible service when a customer cannot change channels.  What it means is that you have to make up your mind for what channels to watch in the first 30 days, and after that, you have to stick to them forever.  I find this inflexibility of policy ridiculous.

I also asked the lady if I cancel the whole thing, and re-register.  She said that would not be possible because the system will read that I am trying to upgrade or downgrade the service (I have no idea what it means).

I really do enjoy the service and don't mind paying the subscription fee, but switching channel lineup is a very basic feature that a provider needs to offer.  If this continues, I will probably switch to a different provider (DirecTV just started something similar).  I hope this nonsense will be resolved soon.

All I want is to watch Kim and Trump on CNN.

Hello,

Spectrum TV Choice is a new offering from Spectrum, so they are regularly taking feedback on this new TV option.  I agree with you. A customer's ten choices of channels should have the option to be switched.

To prevent abuses of the system, I would institute a policy that says, you can't switch your choice of ten channels for thirty days, but after thirty days have passed, customers should be free to pick any other combination of channels should they choose to do that.  You would only be required to wait thirty days between changes of your choice of channel selections.

Satch