Highlighted
Newcomer

Starz Encore channels

Most of the Starz Encore channels are not showing. Message says currently unavailable please try again later. I have rebooted box and Spectrum has also but still not on. Any suggestions? It seems whenever there’s a holiday near, problems like this and with the guide pop up until after the holiday.They just came back on. 10/07/18 12:30pm EST.Update: 10/08/18 9:00am EST Starz Encore channels back off and cable guide slow to respond and format is different. What is Spectrum doing?
11 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Starz Encore channels

@LarSur

I apologize for any poor experience.  If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Newcomer

The channels and guide are back to normal as of 12:45pm today 10/08/18. This marks the third straight day that they’re off and hours later back on.
Newcomer

10/09/18 8:00am Fourth straight day that Starz Encore channels off and guide is slow and in different format. Later in afternoon they will probably be back as they have on previous three days. Why is this happening?
Community Manager

Continuous channel issues like the one you are describing are usually related to the signal and require a field technician to investigate.  If you have not already scheduled a service call, then one is recommended.  This would require a tech on site and cannot be addressed remotely.  Please let us know if the issue continues after a service call is completed.    

Newcomer

I have service scheduled for 10/10/18 as the problem is ongoing. I will post the outcome.
Newcomer

Technician was out today and said incoming signal was strong. He checked outside where cable enters the house and all was good there. He came back in and plugged in the power cord to the DVR and everything was back to normal. He said something in the DVR is not receiving the nightly signal in the problem will probably return the next day. He offered to replace the DVR with another but I didn’t want to lose some treasured recordings. I plan on recording some of those onto DVD and if the problem continues I will exchange the DVR.
Helper

@LarSur wrote:
Technician was out today and said incoming signal was strong. He checked outside where cable enters the house and all was good there. He came back in and plugged in the power cord to the DVR and everything was back to normal. He said something in the DVR is not receiving the nightly signal in the problem will probably return the next day. He offered to replace the DVR with another but I didn’t want to lose some treasured recordings. I plan on recording some of those onto DVD and if the problem continues I will exchange the DVR.

Just for the sake of asking the question...you don't unplug or otherwise disconnect your DVR at night do you?

Newcomer

As a matter of fact I had programmed the DVR to turn off at 1:00am and back on at 7;00am. However, last night I changed it to not turn off and lo and behold the problems have not returned. I’m hoping that solved the problem and thanks for asking because no one else thought to ask that question especially the technician. I hope this helps others that may have experienced the same problems.Thanks again!
Helper

Hopefully that is the only problem. Most people just leave their DVR and other set top boxes on so it is often overlooked.