Not applicable

Spectrum DVR latest s'ware update removes Series Record from PGA Golf Tournaments

When I went to program this weeks Golf tournament as Record Series, I  instead had to program the DVR  for each days game separately as there's no longer an option to

Record Series for the golf tournaments.

Obviously,  I'll be going through the same motions for next weeks Tournament  and the week after, Ad Infinitum Ad Nauseum, unless Spectrum fixes this and restores what they took away.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they eliminated this worthwhile feature.

It's certainly not missing from the weekly TV show series.

I predict lots of people will end up missing the Player's because they forgot to program every day of this weeks Tournament.

Advertisers will not be happy about that.

4 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum DVR latest s'ware update removes Series Record from PGA Golf Tournaments

@AVGuywrote:

When I went to program this weeks Golf tournament as Record Series, I  instead had to program the DVR  for each days game separately as there's no longer an option to

Obviously,  I'll be going through the same motions for next weeks Tournament  and the week after, Ad Infinitum Ad Nauseum, unless Spectrum fixes this and restores what they took away.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they eliminated this worthwhile feature.

I predict lots of people will end up missing the Player's because they forgot to program every day of this weeks Tournament.

Blame the Guide Data Provider (Gracenote).

Since the programs you wish to record are not part of a television series (i.e. - Season 1, Episode 2; Season 5, Episode 24), it cannot be flagged as a "series", only a one-off airing of a show.  (This data, if not displayed, is buried in meta-data for the program listing).  I am sure the software was updated so that it would only record episodes of a show that it hasn't already recorded.  (This is very useful if you are recording, say, NCIS, which airs on CBS and other stations in re-runs.  If you are a fan of the show, you don't want it recording the re-runs.  The SxxEyy meta-data makes this possible, but breaks other things, like recording every episode of show _____).

Can you do theme recordings?   Such as tell the DVR to record any show with certain words in the title, not a traditional season pass?

Trusted Helper

Re: Spectrum DVR latest s'ware update removes Series Record from PGA Golf Tournaments

Hi AVGuy,

This sucks if this is true!  If you can record the show, you should also be able to record the series for anything.  Go to another sport and see if Record Series has the same effect such as MLA Baseball.

List for us as well the following:

1.) The make and model of your cable box.

2.) Where you are located? (City, state, zip.)

The listings are programmed by Gracenote.  They do the programing for other media outlets.  I would encourage others to check the examples that this user supplies for us and check them on your own boxes.  If this is a recurring theme, we will need to send a Feedback Form to the Guide software development team.

Satch

Trusted Helper

@dstoffawrote:

@AVGuywrote:

Blame the Guide Data Provider (Gracenote).

Since the programs you wish to record are not part of a television series (i.e. - Season 1, Episode 2; Season 5, Episode 24), it cannot be flagged as a "series", only a one-off airing of a show.  (This data, if not displayed, is buried in meta-data for the program listing).  I am sure the software was updated so that it would only record episodes of a show that it hasn't already recorded.  (This is very useful if you are recording, say, NCIS, which airs on CBS and other stations in re-runs.  If you are a fan of the show, you don't want it recording the re-runs.  The SxxEyy meta-data makes this possible, but breaks other things, like recording every episode of show _____).

Can you do theme recordings?   Such as tell the DVR to record any show with certain words in the title, not a traditional season pass?

This is a good point,

It is possible that a series MUST be episodic in nature with names and season numbers to record as a series.  The Guide (a.k.a Navigator) in legacy TWC markets does not currently have the ability to create record "Wish Lists."  The ability to automatically record all content based on key words.  This could come in a future update, but we don't know yet.

Satch

Not applicable

Hi Satch,

It's a HD/DVR box that I picked up from Spectrum a couple of weeks ago: Cisco model 9865.

My previous box went south on me. It seems there was a problem with a component up on the pole outside my house that was twiddling the DVR's bits.

I'm in Winston Salem, NC 27101

I did call tech support last week and when the tech I spoke with checked his gear he was as amazed as I was that Series Record was no longer available for the PGA Tournaments.