Observer

Spectrum App Incorrect Local Channels

Been trying to use the Spectrum TV app now via TV Choice for several weeks - problem is I get the incorrect local channels.  I live in NC, my account correctly shows all info.  But the app pulls Cincinnati, Ohio for my local channels.  This occurs on phone, laptop, and 2 different Roku devices.  So clearly something is wrong in the Spectrum system or equipment (their model and router.)

Done everyting - remove, reinstall, log out, log in.  Now after 2 series of customer service calls now, nice people, but they can only escalate.  Any idea who/how can this be resolved?

5 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Spectrum App Incorrect Local Channels

Good afternoon.

There is nothing that we are able to do from here. The issue does need to be sent to the 

correct team for investigation. These cases are normally due to incorrect permissions

on the account. Phone agents, Chat agents and even Social Media Customer Care agents are not able to address that problem.

If this does not get corrected within a few days please feel free to contact our Social Media Customer care team to look in on that escalation ticket. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

Thanks. 

So who makes sure the issues gets sent to the correct team?  I just spend +1 hour AGAIN on the phone to supposedly get it escalated, but this happened before to no avail.

Lead Moderator

If you would like to contact our Social Media Customer Care team they can 

check to make sure the escalation was done properly and assigned to the 

correct team. 

They can be reached at : 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Please do private message or DM and include 

1. Your account number for verification

2. Your service address

3. Detail of the issue

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

Thanks, but I'm going back to Sling TV.  This isn't worth the effort to get a bad product and spend hours on the phone and computer trying to get it resolved.

Established Sharer

@dcdonwrote:

Been trying to use the Spectrum TV app now via TV Choice for several weeks - problem is I get the incorrect local channels.  I live in NC, my account correctly shows all info.  But the app pulls Cincinnati, Ohio for my local channels.  This occurs on phone, laptop, and 2 different Roku devices.  So clearly something is wrong in the Spectrum system or equipment (their model and router.)

I'd love to have your problem.  Proper iinear locals and out-of-market IPTV affiliates would be awesome duing football season so I wouldn't be forced to watch the Jets and Bills every weekend....  and not be blacked out of great late afternoon NFL games because I must watch the Giants....

Someone's trash is someone esle's treaure.....  Just sayin....  Smiley Happy