Rookie

Setup a program

Before the digital changes, I had Roku. Now I can’t set it up. The new cable box and Roku need to be plugged into the same outlet.

7 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Setup a program

@ivorieswrote:

Before the digital changes, I had Roku. Now I can’t set it up. The new cable box and Roku need to be plugged into the same outlet.

You didn't provide enough details.  What kind of "outlet" are you needing to plug the cable box and Roku in to?

If you're talking about HDMI, does your TV only have one HDMI input?  That would be unusual.

If you're talking about an electrical outlet, just purchase a 3-outlet tap.

Also, what do you mean by "Setup a program" in your thread title?  What "program" are you talking about?

Rookie

Hi Boz. Thank you for your message. Before Spectrum went digital, Roku was plugged into the HDMI port on my tv (there is a HDMI2 port). The new Spectrum cable box needs to go into HDMI1. How do I get Roku to work using HDMI2? Thanks for trying to help an old guy.

Highlighted
Boz
Sharer

@ivorieswrote:

Hi Boz. Thank you for your message. Before Spectrum went digital, Roku was plugged into the HDMI port on my tv (there is a HDMI2 port). The new Spectrum cable box needs to go into HDMI1. How do I get Roku to work using HDMI2? Thanks for trying to help an old guy.

If I'm understanding the issue correctly, you would plug your Roku into a different open HDMI port, in the example you provided, HDMI2.

Then when you want to use the Roku to watch something, you will need to use the TV remote to change the input on your TV to HDMI2.

Depending on your TV brand/model and/or your TV settings, and depending on what Roku model you have, pressing any button on your Roku remote might automatically change your TV input to the Roku input.

Also, probably also depending on the TV brand/model, if you have Spectrum CLIKR-5 UR5U-8780L remote, you might be able to press the TV button near the top of the remote and then press the "Video Source" button at the very bottom left of the remote to change your TV input.

When you're done using your Roku, then you'll have to put the TV input back to HDMI1 to use the cable box.

I hope this helps!

Rookie

Hi Boz,

I will definitely try your suggestions and let you know. Thanks again.

Proven Sharer

Just an FYI... the "Video Source" button could be labeled "Source" or "Input" depending on the remote.

Rookie

Hello Boz,

I tried your suggestions and they worked perfectly. Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Regards,

ivories

Boz
Sharer

@ivorieswrote:

Hello Boz,

I tried your suggestions and they worked perfectly. Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Regards,

ivories

You're very welcome!

I'm glad I could help!

I hope everything else continues to go smoothly for you!