Highlighted
Not applicable

Set guide to my channels only

Can I set up the guide so I can only view the channels I am paying for? Or can I only set up my favorites? Thanks much!
5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Set guide to my channels only

@kathyaus wrote:
Can I set up the guide so I can only view the channels I am paying for? Or can I only set up my favorites? Thanks much!

Yes!

Press the Guide button twice on your remote control and there are filters where you can set the channels in the Time Grid to your preferences.  You can have the guide show by Favorite Channels  only, or only show the Subscribed channels in your package.  Additionally, you can sort networks Alphabetically (A-Z) or show On Demand channels only.  The settings will hold until changed.

Satch

Not applicable

Follow up question. 

Lets say I change the guide to favorites. 

Will that also change the surfing behavior so that non-favorites are skipped?

Trusted Helper

@Jebarne7591 wrote:

Follow up question. 

Lets say I change the guide to favorites. 

Will that also change the surfing behavior so that non-favorites are skipped?

Yes,

If you filter by "Favorite Channels", only Favorite Channels are shown in the Time Grid.  This would than create a "Mini Time Grid " Guide by choosing that filter.

Satch

Lead Moderator

Good morning! 

You can view the guide with the favorites only but surfing with the channel up/down is not limited to the favorites list, it will land on all of the channels in order.

We have a Cisco Explorer 8640HDC DVR here for testing.  @Satch  do you have a different

experience?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Trusted Helper

@Julia_R wrote:

Good morning! 

You can view the guide with the favorites only but surfing with the channel up/down is not limited to the favorites list, it will land on all of the channels in order.

We have a Cisco Explorer 8640HDC DVR here for testing.  @Satch  do you have a different

experience?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Hi Julia,

No, I think it's the same on my Cisco 9865.  Also, you can always press FAV for Favorites on the Remote.

If the Time Grid shows-It takes you to the next favorite channel in sequence that highlights in The Guide.

If the Time Grid does not show-It tunes to the next channel in the Favorite sequence.

What I am not sure of, is let's say you have selected a different filter for the Time Grid that is NOT favorites, (For example, On Demand.)  Would the Favorites button still go from Favorite to Favorite provided that a favorite channel list was set up in Settings?  Or would the Favorites button not do anything in this case?  I always have my box on the Subscribed  filter, and just leave it there, because we have some family members that hate change!

Satch