Series Recordings Failed After Channel Lineup Change

Spectrum recently converted to all digital. During this time, it appears that CBS was changed from Channel 8 to Channel 13. No change to the channel assignment 1209, though. When this happened, all series I set up for CBS failed to record. I missed 2-3 episodes per series. I am going to have to pull up my series manager, identify which shows are on CBS, and I guess delete the series, search for it, then set it up all over again. 

*** UPDATE *** The channel can be changed from the series manager by selecting Record Options; however, the filter must be set to All Episodes or TV.

5 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Series Recordings Failed After Channel Lineup Change

Are you not able to just edit the recording details from the series manager screens without deleting them and re-adding them? Sorry, I use TiVos and haven't looked at the Spectrum DVR screens in quite a while.

I used to have a TIVO. The Spectrum DVRs aren't even in the same league as TIVO. You can change some settings like adding additional recording time to the end of the show, but you can't edit the channel. Good idea for a feature, though.

Established Sharer

I'm no expert on Spectrum's DVRs, but f your failed recording series used the OLD (discontinued) analog channel 8 or 13, you probably do need to recreate it using the new digital channel number 1209. 

Yes,  but channel 13 is still in use on the new, all digital upgrade; therefore, it seems the problem is not with analog vs digital but rather that the network was changed by Spectrum from channel 8 to channel 13. Channel 1209 will be the basis for my new series recordings, though, as you've suggested.

I stand corrected. The channel can be changed from the series manager by selecting Record Options; however, the filter must be set to All Episodes or TV.