Rookie

Series I set up to record stop recording

Anyone else have series they set to record just stop recording?  I've had it happen about 5 times or so over the last few months.  I'll realize something I set to record has stopped recording and I pull it up and it shows the "record series" option as if it had never been set up.  I have a DVR so I don't have to keep track of my programs or constantly check schedules.  What can be done about series getting bumped out of my list?

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Series I set up to record stop recording

@Dpmom3

There are a couple of reasons this may be happening.  First, there may be a conflict with another recording at the same time.  If this occurs, the higher priority show will be recorded.   Second, there may be a different title to the show that causes the program manager not to recognize the show as one you would like to record.  Last, the hard drive in the DVR may be failing and the equipment may need to be replaced.   Try restarting the equipment, if the issue continues, then you will likely need to replace it.  You can replace it for free at any local Spectrum store.   

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

James_M wrote:

@Dpmom3

There are a couple of reasons this may be happening.  First, there may be a conflict with another recording at the same time.  If this occurs, the higher priority show will be recorded.   Second, there may be a different title to the show that causes the program manager not to recognize the show as one you would like to record.  Last, the hard drive in the DVR may be failing and the equipment may need to be replaced.   Try restarting the equipment, if the issue continues, then you will likely need to replace it.  You can replace it for free at any local Spectrum store.   

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Agree with all of this,

In addition, you may have a signal or drop line issue where ingress on your drop-line may be causing a problem with some channels.  A box swap WILL NOT SOLVE BAD SIGNAL ISSUES.  I would recommend a tech visit with a request to check the signals and drop line on that visit before replacing the box.  The tech will make sure the signals are good, and if they aren't good will replace the drop line.  Please also have Spectrum specify in the work order to check the junction box on your street.  If all of this is good, the DVR may need to be replaced.

If you set up a signal test, try to avoid resetting your box, cable modems, or routers for at least six hours.  An equipment reset will reset the error codes, and in this case the tech could get a false reading of good signals, when in reality, they are the problem.

Satch

Rookie

It's not a conflict or change in title, it completely cancels the series like it was never set up to record.  This has happened to about 5 different series over the last few months.  So I guess the box may be going bad.  I hate the thought of that, with so many stored programs and programming.  I really wish there was a way to transfer the memory from an old box to a new one.  We actually did have a signal issue a few months go, a technician came out and took care of all that.

Trusted Helper

Dpmom3 wrote:

It's not a conflict or change in title, it completely cancels the series like it was never set up to record.  This has happened to about 5 different series over the last few months.  So I guess the box may be going bad.  I hate the thought of that, with so many stored programs and programming.  I really wish there was a way to transfer the memory from an old box to a new one.  We actually did have a signal issue a few months go, a technician came out and took care of all that.

Yes,

You will need your signals checked again and the drop line, and your street's junction box.  It sucks to have to swap out the box, so you would want that as a last resort.  What is the make and model of your box and in what city are you located?

Is it just Series Recordings that are vanishing or individual recordings as well?  You can also have Spectrum set up signal monitoring of your equipment.  I would say, hold off on replacing the box.  Let's get your signals and drop line check, and do a 60-day signal monitoring.  Set this up I would say after the tech comes out to check your lines just to get a more in depth assessment of what is happening.  Keep us posted!

Satch