Highlighted
N/A

RESOLVED: Boxless non-HD Hallmark Channel Returned 19 July 2017

Today, the Hallmark Channel Returned!!

Yesterday, the boxless non-HD Hallmark channel 35.40 disappeared from our service in Evansville, IN.  This is one of our family's most watched channels.  Was that intentional?  If not, when will it be restored?

The Hallmark  Channel 35.40  is still listed in the scrolling boxless TV channels guide seen on Channel 17.65.

We are already looking at other sources of TV programming in case this is not resolved!

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Boxless non-HD Hallmark Channel Disappeared 18 July 2017

This channel doesn't show up on Hallmark's website as TWC/Spectrum being a provider when I enter most zip codes associated with Evansville, IN, only Directv and DISH. 

Sharer

FredW wrote:

Yesterday, the boxless non-HD Hallmark channel 35.40 disappeared from our service in Evansville, IN.  This is one of our family's most watched channels.  Was that intentional?  If not, when will it be restored?

The Hallmark  Channel 35.40  is still listed in the scrolling boxless TV channels guide seen on Channel 17.65.

We are already looking at other sources of TV programming in case this is not resolved!

The goal for Spectrum is to require a Set Top Box to view all video programming.  You will no longer be able to stick the COAX in the back of the TV and watch without a box.

Consider yourself lucky that you could watch this channel as long as you did.  TWC removed all the analog channels and clear QAM channels from my system 3+ years ago.  I've been using DTA's ever since.

I doubt they are going to restore it.  It will be time to rent equipment to watch on all your sets.  You might be able to avoide a rental fee if you currently have none.  You may also be able to avoid a rental fee if you use a Roku and the Spectrum App.  (You must be an Internet customer, too.)

Expert

All NTSC analogand clear QAM in northern Ohio are supposedly being removed August 1st.... That may include western PA and Indiana as well.

Supposedly cable boxes are available and for free for the first year.

What system were you on? WOW or Brighthouse?

What box are/ were you paying rent for? As far as I know, there never wasTWC or Spectrum boxless service other than a limited offerring in NYC that's long ended.

As for your zipcode, go to the watch spectrum.net site and see if that channel is available...

Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

As far as I know, there never wasTWC or Spectrum boxless service other than a limited offerring in NYC that's long ended.

TWC's "Standard" Tier of 70 analog NTSC channels were boxless until the analog sunset 3+ years ago in NY State.

When I subscribed to Manhattan Cable TV back when TWC took it over (early 90's), channels 2-36 were unencrypted.  When they expanded from a 300 MHz system to a 500 MHz system, every "new" channel was scrambled, until eventually everything but the broadcast channels required a cable box (by 1995).

You can imagine that it was very easy to tap into a cable for free in Manhattan apartment buildings...  and it was a big problem which ended up being solved somewhat by scrambling everything.

If you were in the suburbs or rural areas, boxless service was common into the start of the 2010's, but you'd only receive NTSC analog channels, not HD channels (sans the Broadcast channels in Clear QAM).

N/A

Re: RESOLVED: Boxless non-HD Hallmark Channel Returned 19 July 2017

Thans for the community comments.

Today Spectrum reinstated this channel for our area.