Rookie

On demand won't work

Have gotten service back after a cable and internet outage earlier today. I cannot watch On Demand on either TV or computer. I have rebooted the box several times. I get error E2 on some channels, 92 on others and on The Big Bang Theory on CBS, it shos the words "season 12" and "season 11" but no epsiodes show when I select one of those options. On the computer, it simply says, "Unable to Complete Request We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again later."

8 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: On demand won't work

Now when I try, just a few minutes after posting, I don't even get the On Demand choices as I did before. When I select channel 1, now it just puts up an HL1000 error.

Not applicable

Champions league soccer channel.

There is an error message when I try to use search option on the tv,(dvr). Ive tried searching online where there is also a " not available at this time" when i try to search. The wait for customer service is 15 to 20 minutes while listening to an ongoing ad for spectrum that was recorded with the volume on 11! The only option is to make an appointment to get a call back sometime tomorrow. No live chat or anything useful really. Im Feeling seriously ripped off and not appreciated by this cable provider. I dont watch tv often, but there is an unreasonable percentage of times that there are technical issues.
Does anyone know what channel champions league games are on?
Thanks!
Not applicable

I am having the same problem and I am on the line with them. I usually select my shows through my laptop and throw my on demand shows onto the tv. I have been on hold for almost 20 minutes now so I am certain this is a huge problem. My dinner is getting cold and I already had show plans.

Rookie

My TV plans are already messed up. I didn't feel like dealing with CS tonight. I wish you luck getting your problem fixed.

Trusted Helper

Hello,

Where is the city, state, and zip where you are located where each of you are having On Demand issues?  The server can go down following a power failure, or there is a system update going on.  Rebooting the box won't help in this instance.

Individual VOD issues could be signal or line problems, but larger areas can indicate server downtown.  Don't over reboot your converters, that strains them.

Satch

Highlighted
Community Manager

All, 

There was an enterprise wide issue impacting access to On Demand on 10/4.  The issue has been resolved.  If you are still seeing an issue, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Newcomer

10/12/2018  I can also not watch On Demand from my PC. It just says something went wrong.

But I have this problem all the time on occasion.

Trusted Helper

@Mike_u wrote:

10/12/2018  I can also not watch On Demand from my PC. It just says something went wrong.

But I have this problem all the time on occasion.

Hi Mike,

I am fairly certain that because On Demand involves free programing (as long as the base channel is in your Subscribed package), Premium programing, (as long as you subscribe to the main Premium Channel.) and Video on Demand/ PPV Special Events (Cost per showing of a movie or special event) that because money may be involved, that all On Demand Content must be ordered from the Cable Box.

Ordering On Demand from your PC, I don't believe can be done.  Your computer does not know how to charge for On Demand off of your  PC.  You must either order PPV and On Demand from your cable box, or by calling Spectrum to order the event or movie where a charge is required.  Note that there may be a $5.00 service charge, added to the cost of ordering when doing it by phone.

Satch