Highlighted
Observer

‘On Demand’ networks not free

I was told by a Spectrum customer service representative that I would have to pay more for ‘On Demand’ networks that are already included in my subscription plan. Is this correct? I thought it would be free.
9 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: ‘On Demand’ networks not free

Hi,

There are four types of On Demand:

Free On Demand- Is free as long as you subscribe to the base channel in your package.  You can watch shows, movies, and series within two to seven days after they air as much as you want, as often as you want.

Premium Channels On Demand- If you subscribe to a premium channel in your package like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, the corresponding channel is included in your subscription.  You must subscribe to the premium channel to get its On Demand counter-part. 

Movies On Demand- These you pay per title, anywhere from $1.99 to $9.99, which is the cost for same day DVD releases.  The average cost for the movies is $6.99 and can generally be viewed for 24 hours after ordering.  Review pricing and duration of movie time before ordering, which will be shown on your cable box guide.

Pay-Per-View Special Events- This is a per showing charge for a major sporting event or concert.  Each time you see the show, you pay the varied price shown on your cable guide.  Wrestling, Championship Boxing, Concerts, and MMA are examples of Pay-Per-View Special Events.

Putting these events in the guide and the duration of the showings is at the discretion of the station broadcaster, or event/movie distributor.  NOT SPECTRUM! The same is true for whether or not you are able to fast-forward through commercials for Free On Demand  content.

Hope this helps!

Satch

Lead Moderator

@mswy55

If you are seeing a price listed for programs for channels you subscribe to we would want

to look into this more closely. Are you also seeing a key displayed on the channels

when looking for On Demand programs? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

No key but the screen goes to ENToD 1562. To receive this channel, call Customer Care at 643-2100

When I called I was told that I would have to pay $16.49 more to receive the Digital Variety Pack.

Since my current plan includes all the networks I want and I only want to access past programs in On Demand I don’t see why I have to buy the Digital Variety Pack.

Was I given the correct info?
Lead Moderator

We would need to take a closer look in the account codes.

I encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care team on Facebook

or Twitter and let them know what is happening and the information you 

had been provided. We can review it from there. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Trusted Helper

@mswy55 wrote:
No key but the screen goes to ENToD 1562. To receive this channel, call Customer Care at 643-2100

When I called I was told that I would have to pay $16.49 more to receive the Digital Variety Pack.

Since my current plan includes all the networks I want and I only want to access past programs in On Demand I don’t see why I have to buy the Digital Variety Pack.

Was I given the correct info?

I agree with Julia,

Something is strange here with the account codes.  It sounds like you are on a TWC Legacy Billing Plan.  BE STRONGLY ADVISED THAT THE ONLY WAY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PLANS IS TO MOVE TO A SPECTRUM PACKAGE.  ONCE YOU'RE OFF OF A TWC BILLING PLAN, YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK AS THE TWC CODES ARE OUT OF THE SYSTEM.

To help us, what are the services that you get from Spectrum that show on your billing statement?  Specifically, what are your TV services?  Where are you located?  City? State? and Zip?  We would like to look at your packages for that area before calling and offer some advice.  The capitalized/bold text in the first paragraph applies BIG TIME.  You should work with us on the forum before switching plans or adding services.

In my view, that channel sounds like Entaertainment on Demand.  I am going to GUESS that you have a low level of TV service.  Probably Starter TV or Standard TV from the TWC days before the merger.  There might be some channels on the Entertainment On Demand Channel that you do not have in your current level of TV service.  TWC channel plans and pricing apply only for those who have not switched to a Spectrum plan,

Since we are now Spectrum, you would need to find out, "What is the minimum level of Spectrum service needed to receive Entertainment on Demand?  And how much additional cost would be involved per month to add the channel?  Digital Variety Pass is a legacy TWC plan, and is not a part of Spectrum plans.  Spectrum plans are the following: below:

Enter your location address at Spectrum's website to compare plans.  Note that pricing applies to new customers only at the site.

Spectrum Choice

Spectrum Select

Spectrum Digi Tier 1

Spectrum Digi Tier 2

Spectrum Silver (Popular Discount Package with Premium Channels)

Spectrum Digi Tier 1 and 2 Combo. (All services of Spectrum Gold with no Premium Channels.)

Spectrum Gold- (All of the above channels plus all premiums.)

I was looking at the lineup and it seems that if you were on Spectrum Select, which includes the 125+ channel plan, you SHOULD be getting channel 1405 Entertainment On Demand.  I don't think you should have to go all the way up to a higher package  just to get Entertainment On Demand.  A question.  Can you go to the other On Demand Channels that surround Entertainment on Demand in the guide and get them?  For example, Lifestyle On Demand, or Free Movies On Demand?  The answer to this question and providing your city, state, and zip, as well as letting us know whether you are on a legacy TWC billing plan or Spectrum billing plan, and the TV service level shown on your billing statement will help us determine your service level.

I would recommend contacting us through the forum with the answers to these questions before you call and they start changing those programing codes.  We need to investigate further to determine your current service level and billing plan, so that you don't wind up paying more for something that you don't want.

Satch

Observer

Hi Julia,

I did as you suggested and went to  Facebook but could not get  an answer to my question. I gave my name, account number and phone number but customer care could not find my account. I was referred back to the orginal phone number where I first started.

I have a simple question for which I can’t get an answer. Why can’t I watch a channel in ‘On Demand’ when it is included in my TV plan?

Observer

Hi Satch,
So sorry, I did not see your response before I responded to Julia. Yes, You are correct I am on a TWC legacy plan in Honolulu, Hawaii 96818. The plan is described as Standard Service with Basic plus Value. It includes about 30 channels of which only ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS and Hallmark are available in ‘On Demand’. I am not able to access the other ‘On Demand’ Channels
When trying to access channels I am directed to call customer care to get ENToD. When I called I was told that I would have to purchase the Digital Pack for $ 16.49

Since this was contrary to all the advertising of free ‘On Demand’ I wanted to find out if I have to pay or not.
Trusted Helper

@mswy55 wrote:
Hi Satch,
So sorry, I did not see your response before I responded to Julia. Yes, You are correct I am on a TWC legacy plan in Honolulu, Hawaii 96818. The plan is described as Standard Service with Basic plus Value. It includes about 30 channels of which only ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS and Hallmark are available in ‘On Demand’. I am not able to access the other ‘On Demand’ Channels
When trying to access channels I am directed to call customer care to get ENToD. When I called I was told that I would have to purchase the Digital Pack for $ 16.49

Since this was contrary to all the advertising of free ‘On Demand’ I wanted to find out if I have to pay or not.

I can help now!

just did a Google Search for "What is included with Spectrum Select" and found this link here:

https://www.cabletv.com/spectrum/channel-lineup/select

It's the level of service that you need for all free On Demand channels, Spectrum Select. The price is only for new customers.  But this would be the plan that you would need to get the other cable channels On Demand.  What I would do is, is there a Spectrum Store near you in Hawaii?  If so, you may want to go there and talk in person to a rep.  Customers have reported better results and pricing visiting a Spectrum Store,  than calling on the phone.  I think if you could get a good price in person, you will have a better overall value for your TV experience.  You can click on the links above at the site I gave you, and see what is included in each plan.  It even says at the top of the screen "Thousands of On Demand Choices."

The reason why your On Demand selection is so limited currently, is because you only have a TWC Basic/Starter TV plan.  I would go to a Spectrum store and ask about an upgrade to Spectrum Select.  They will probably give you a better deal than over the phone, and it will be good for a year.  Customers have said the reps are really nice at the stores!

If you are not near a store, I would call and do the upgrade to Spectrum Select.  I think it would be worth it, but first choice would be visiting a store in person to do the upgrade.

Satch

Observer

Thank you much! I was pretty close to givng up but you came through for me. I really appreciate it!