Observer

On Demand channels just show BLACK SCREENS

every On Demand channel, just shows a black screen when I hit play.    I can't watch any On Demand and Yes...I have rebooted.  I can see the shows on my computer by going to the channels sites....but Spectrum On Demand is not showing anything (since last night) and I'm really (edited)  that I spend 200 dollars a month to get this type of service. 

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: On Demand channels just show BLACK SCREENS

@7Thunderswrote:

every On Demand channel, just shows a black screen when I hit play.    I can't watch any On Demand and Yes...I have rebooted.  I can see the shows on my computer by going to the channels sites....but Spectrum On Demand is not showing anything (since last night) and I'm really pissed that I spend 200 dollars a month to get this type of service. 

Hey Thunders,

Since you have rebooted and the problem has been since last night. bad On Demand is often the result of a bad signal or dropline.  You need to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test.  When On Demand goes out like that it is almost always a signal/line problem and never a box problem.

When you set up that service call, avoid rebooting any boxes, modems, or routers for at least six hours before your appointment.  Reboots will reset the error codes that the tech needs to see.  When the tech comes, tune to one of the blank On Demand stations.  The good news is that this is not likely to be your box.  Set up the signal and drop line test service call.

Post back about your appointment.

Satch

Lead Moderator

Re: On Demand channels just show BLACK SCREENS

Hi @7Thunders  Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

A few things you can check on your end to narrow down what the trouble may be. First I would ask that you check all of the coaxial cable connections. Are they all tight? Do you see any bends or damage on the coaxial inside the house? Does the cable box in question share a splitter with any other equipment?  If you do have a splitter does that splitter look old or corroded? 

If you see that everything is tight, no damage and either no splitters or one in good shape I would encourage you to contact support directly for further research on this. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums