Rookie

On Demand Search Option Currently Unavailable

I keep trying to search for shows available On Demand and keep getting error messages. Location zip 92706

Error: D1
Error: E1
Error: HLO
Error: HL1000
Error: HL814
Error:271

This is the second day in a row that we've been having this issue. It's really upsetting to pay so much for a product that doesn't work.
4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: On Demand Search Option Currently Unavailable

@JFSasquach wrote:
I keep trying to search for shows available On Demand and keep getting error messages. Location zip 92706

Error: D1
Error: E1
Error: HLO
Error: HL1000
Error: HL814
Error:271

This is the second day in a row that we've been having this issue. It's really upsetting to pay so much for a product that doesn't work.

Hello,

The box may have gone through an update phase of the search system,  When the database is down, because search and VOD are cloud-based, they won't work.  You can always try a reboot of the box, since a full day has passed.

Satch

Rookie

"You can always try a reboot of the box, since a full day has passed." - Expecting this suggestion made my blood boil. This is the 21st century. I've been rebooting devices since I was three years old. It should be assumed that a reboot has been attempted multiple times before anyone has reached out for further assistance.
Lead Moderator

@JFSasquach  Sorry to hear his suggestion upset you.

You would be surprised how many people do not think to do the reboot. I am 

certain that it was not intended to insult you in any way. Your peers are

simply trying to help.

If you are looking for direct support with the problem I encourage you 

to contact our Social Media Customer Care team at :

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

&
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Community Manager

@JFSasquach

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for registering.  As a new member,  I would like to suggest that you take a minute to review a couple threads (if you haven't already), including  New Posts or Questions and Community Guidelines.  Keep in mind that there are members of all skill and experience levels that use the Forums, including Forum veterans like @Satch.  Rebooting a device is a valid first step to troubleshooting that often resolves many issues.  If you don't let us know what you have already tried, there is no way for us to know.   Please let us know if the issue continues.  

Thanks!