N/A

On Demand Portal

Had an outage sometime overnight and now when service restored the On Demand Portal channel has changed and is much less user-friendly. Used to be grid of channel icons, followed by individual show/movie icons, now it's lists, etc.  Anyone else have this changed? Is there any kind of setting to change back?

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: On Demand Portal

cmw200 wrote:

Had an outage sometime overnight and now when service restored the On Demand Portal channel has changed and is much less user-friendly. Used to be grid of channel icons, followed by individual show/movie icons, now it's lists, etc.  Anyone else have this changed? Is there any kind of setting to change back?

Hi,

Reboot the box.  The above issue is often related to rare times when the server loses two-way communication with the box at the head-end.

Satch

Contributor

Another On Demand Inquiry?

I just noticed all the On Deman d problems.  In my neighborhood, we all noticed that On Demand is  really bad. I mean they aren't up;dating anything.  I used to watch all my  shows  a coupla  days afterwards if I missed them, not even a week later. I am warning Spectrum, we already had 20 people call in and 15 On Chat. You had better resolve this issue and soon. Stop using the Networks need to update it excuse.  You pay them for their programming and we pay you for your service. Just get it done, call them up , press them, this is your way of resolving!

Trusted Helper

Re: Another On Demand Inquiry?

psongman wrote:

I just noticed all the On Deman d problems.  In my neighborhood, we all noticed that On Demand is  really bad. I mean they aren't up;dating anything.  I used to watch all my  shows  a coupla  days afterwards if I missed them, not even a week later. I am warning Spectrum, we already had 20 people call in and 15 On Chat. You had better resolve this issue and soon. Stop using the Networks need to update it excuse.  You pay them for their programming and we pay you for your service. Just get it done, call them up , press them, this is your way of resolving!

Keep in mind the tips below:

On Demand issues can either be a Spectrum problem or a host network problem:

You are missing on Demand episodes of shows- Yes, this is a host network problem.  The host networks determine when shows go up to any On Demand vendor, whether cable, dish, or U-Verse.  This is typically within three to seven days of the original broadcast.  If you are missing episodes, you MUST contact the host network with the name of your TV provider, your state, city, and zip code, the name of the series, and the episodes that are missing.  Spectrum has no control over this.  Some networks are faster at releasing their On Demand content than others.

You have slow on Demand, constant Not Avaliable Errors, or pixture pixilation-This is a Spectrum problem.  Remember that On Demand is similar to a live transmission and if you watch overnight, when maintience or updates can occur from Spectrum, you might have issues due to maintience.  If these issues do not resolve within 24 hours, or reoccur a short time later, you need to schedule a signal and drop-line test:

• Avoid resetting your boxes or modems for six hours so that the error codes can be read.
  • Tune to On Demand when the tech is there so he can take a reading.

Box issues are rare with On Demand problems, but if your equipment is over five years old, you may need to get updated hardware if you are having problems.  Your signals and drop line must be checked first, as a new box will not resolve bad signal levels, line problems, or pixilation.

If you ordered a PPV movie and you have problems, make sure to contact Spectrum for a movie credit.  Please allow at least ten business days for processing of the credit to your account.

Satch

Newcomer

Re: On Demand Portal

I've noticed a lot of On Demand problems lately.

The most irratating is that it appears they aren't updating anything.

I used to watch all my  shows  a couplle of days after they aired but now it appears there hasn't been any updates since Oct 31st.

Some responces I've seen blame the original network but if that was the case then why would the On Demand be available on Spectrum's internet but not on the TV.

When I called Spectrum they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it.

Weeks may go by while they continue to work on it.