JLE
N/A

Old vs. new channel lineup

I recently added TV service after cancelling it a few months back.  I thought I was purchasing the Standard channel lineup, but apparently, I have the new Select package, which excludes several channels that I had before.  One channel I really wish I could have without paying extra is Animal Planet.  It seems to me that is a basic cable channel that should be included in the base package, as well as TCM, for instance.  Had I realized I was looking at the wrong channel lineup, I would not have gone ahead with the purchase.

3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Old vs. new channel lineup

You should have posted here, first.  Once you cancel a legacyTWC package, you can never get it back.  Spectrum bundles channels in their lineup differently than TWC did.

You will need to add one or two digi-tiers to get missing channels back.

Trusted Helper

dstoffa wrote:

You should have posted here, first.  Once you cancel a legacyTWC package, you can never get it back.  Spectrum bundles channels in their lineup differently than TWC did.

You will need to add one or two digi-tiers to get missing channels back.

Correct,

You would have to add both Spectrum's  Digi Tier 1 and Digi Tier 2 to get the channels closest to the TWC Variety Pass or Preferred TV plan.

I would recommend that the forum moderators put up a statement that says if you are on legacy TWC lineup and you switch to a Spectrum line up, you can never, ever go back.  The TWC codes are out of the system.  Make sure that you really want to switch and choose your plan carefully.  Enter your zip code for your local TWC/Spectrum area.  They show line-up comparisons.

There are about five to eight small channels that one plan has that the other doesn't.  Channels that are automatically included in the TWC Digital Variety Pass or Preferred TV package if you switch to Spectrum;s line up often require both Digi Pic 1 and Digi Pick 2 or Spectrum Gold to get them.  Digi Pack 1 and 2 for Spectrum gives you all the Spectrum Gold Channels EXCEPT no premium movie channels.  Spectrum Gold gives you all the channels and all the premium movie channels.

It has been a struggle getting this important information out to the public.

Satch

Newcomer

My mother had TWC legacy (basic cable) and had a lot of channels. She had to get boxes by February 20 in order to have cable. Now she only has channels that only go up to channel 20. We called and were informed that she would now have to pay for channels  she was receiving for free.  My mother is a senior citizen who enjoys watching TCM and cooking shows. They say it would be about another $40 to add those channels.  I don't understand why they couldn't just keep their stater package with the same channels as the Time Warner basic cable..just upsetting.