Rookie

Northwest fair deal

Personally I don't care what you're issues are with Northwest Fair Deal as I am cutting the cord with Spectrum cable tv after receiving yet another monthly cost increase on my bill yesterday.  Looking forward to streaming without you. Bye!

48 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Northwest fair deal

What is this Northwest Fair Deal you write about?

It would seem that you are a customer who missed the rate increases in their December bill.   I posted about them back in December:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/Check-Your-Bills-Fee-Increases-in-january/m-p/145130...

The broadcastTV surcharge increases (impacting everyone with video service).

The cost of renting equipment also increased.

For some, the cost of StarterTV increased, too.

Newcomer

Removing channels

As a retired, disabled senior citizen, I am  housebound. I depend on cable tv for news, weather, emergency alerts, companionship, entertainment and even religeous teaching. I have had to downgrade my cable already due to the corporate greed preyed upon the consumers. Taking more channels away, holding them hostage and demanding excessive fees for already over priced service is an outrage and insult to your customers. Like so many of my fellow cable subscribers, we get so little for so much. I am now seeking alternatives to cable and soon like many of my peers, I will have to discontinue the service altogether. Hopefully enough people will follow suit and hold your greed hostage.

Expert

Re: Removing channels

Put an antenna on your set.

Re: Northwest fair deal

Laurene wrote:

Personally I don't care what you're issues are with Northwest Fair Deal as I am cutting the cord with Spectrum cable tv after receiving yet another monthly cost increase on my bill yesterday.  Looking forward to streaming without you. Bye!

you have to get this problem fixed  very soon. the daytona500 and all of speed week is on next week on fox. this will cost you so many customers. suck it up you have the money to do this. we are already paying higher prices since time warner was sold. you dont need to be richer

Re: Removing channels

Northwest Broadcasting, the owner of your local broadcasting networks has removed their programming from Spectrum.  

The broadcast channels are available over the air and an antenna may be an option.  The type of antenna needed at a specific location may vary depending on geographic location, the height at which the antenna is used, and other local factors such as nearby buildings, trees, terrain, or home construction.

We are optimistic that this will be resolved quickly.  We appreciate your patience while we work to reach a fair agreement.

N/A

superbowl hostage

What is this a negotiating tactic from "the art of the deal" how dare you high fluent executives holding the rate payers hostage on Superbowl game day.neither one of you care about us. I pay you to provide a service, my cable, internet and telephone .guess that doesnt mean much . Save the sympathy . antenna LOL where can I find a hi def anntena?

screwed again ,Thanks

Proven Sharer

Re: superbowl hostage

notnow wrote:

where can I find a hi def anntena?

Anywhere tvs are sold. An antenna is an antenna. There is no such thing as a "high def" antenna. That's just marketing. There is however a difference in the quality of various antennas in how well they can receive weaker signals and whether or not they have the correct connection type for your tv. 

Expert

Virtually all use an "F" connector, some amplified ones work better and in most areas need to cover vhf hi  (ch's 7-13 )as well as UHF( 14-50)

Go into setup, set antenna mode and do a scan.. I get around 45 (channels) from 10 different transmitters on an outside antenna

Enter your zip code into antennaweb.org, it shows relative levels and the real ch's that are what need the proper antenna

There are a few areas that need a VHF low antenna for ch's 2-6 .

Don't confuse virtual CH #'s with actual tv RF channels.  Here in NEO, our ch 3 and 5 are on uhf channels 15 &17, our ch 19 is on both 10 & 24.

our ch8 is really on 8

Established Sharer

notnow wrote:

What is this a negotiating tactic from "the art of the deal" how dare you high fluent executives holding the rate payers hostage on Superbowl game day.neither one of you care about us. I pay you to provide a service, my cable, internet and telephone .guess that doesnt mean much . Save the sympathy . antenna LOL where can I find a hi def anntena?

screwed again ,Thanks

The "Art of the Deal" is all about timing and monetizing revenue streams.  If you subscribe to ANY video service from the cable company, you MUST subscribe to the lowest tier available, which is called either "Broadcast Basic" or "StarterTV".  It will (normally) consist of the over-the-air TV Stations in your market, public access channels, some home shopping channels, and maybe a payTV netowrk or two.  (I get ESPN, FX, and WGNA on my system in the "StarterTV" tier).  Each OTA Station has the right to negoitate a re-transmission fee, which is a per-subscriber fee cable subscribers pay for what these same stations give away for free to those who can use an antenna.

TV Station / Ownership groups have been exploiting their ability to collect these fees, which is why Spectrum itemizes this cost on your bill as a "Broadcast TV Surcharge", which is now approaching $9 per month.  Ten years ago, these fees did not exist.  My StarterTV bill was $13.15 per month.  Now, between the surcharges and the increase in the cost for the package, I pay north of $30 per month just for StarterTV, before equipment rental fees.  If I could use an antenna in this location, I would.  I am in a valley, and cannot get reception.

With regards to antennas, as posted above, there is no such thing as a HD antenna.  All you need is an antenna designed to receieve the frequencies the stations in your area.  Without knowing your market, we cannot help you with that.  If this is a "need-it-now" buy, I wouldn't try to find a roof-top mounted antenna (yet), but you may be able to find an indoor VHF / UHF antenna (some may be amplified) at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, etc.

When you connect it to your TV set, you may need to place it near a window, or possibly even outside your window on the sill, to get good reception.

Visit antennaweb.org or tvfool.com to check your local address for TV reception in your market.