Rookie

Re: Removing channels

Excellent! Thank you.
sl1
N/A

Re: Northwest fair deal

Personally, this issue is rediculas. I have seen this tactic impemented by many providers to increase already too high rates.  If this issue causes an increase in rates for progamming that should almost be free I will seek tv coverage from a differnt source.  For the limited TV that I use (especially free local chanels)  I am already paying a premium price for TV. Spectrum should pull their big girl panties up and supply the service we already pay way too high of a rate!!.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

First, please remember that the User Forums are staffed by customer volunteers (like many of you) who have no financial interest or management input to Spectrum whatsoever.  We can try to offer help if you have technical problems, but we don't run their business. 

If you don't like Spectrum's rate structure, complain to your state's Public Utilities Commission.  Years ago the FCC put them in charge of regulating TV and internet services, instead of local politicians who used to negotiate the franchise agreements. 

Next, when you "cut the cord" you will receive your video programs either from the internet or over the air broadcasts.  You will still have to deal with some 3rd party service provider such as Spectrum, AT&T, or others for internet.  They also come under the authority of your state's PUC, and they don't give anything away for free either. 

Newcomer

Not suprised that Fox and its channels want more money.. Always comes down to money.. It's not like Fox is hurting for more money they just feel they should get more, so they jack up their rates. I hope Spectrum doesn't settle and sticks with their offer. Pull Fox and their channels from your lineup and wait for them to come to Spectrum with a fair rate. If Spectrum was smart they should only offer them the same rate they been getting without any increase. Since they aren't playing fair then they shouldn't get any increase. I hope all the other TV providers do the same. This world is so Greedy and everyone always want more money. It shows they don't care about customers, just the most money they can get. You will never see a cable company or Network want less money to help reduce cost to customers. Someone has to put their foot down and say "enough is enough". There are so many other ways to watch TV and when customers start canceling their cable service and finding ways to pay less for TV and willing to do without, then the networks and cable companys will find ways to provide TV for less. I'm a Big NASCAR fan, or I was, but NASCAR has been just as Greedy and probably one of the reasons why Fox wants more money. I have been losing intrest in NASCAR more and more over the past few years. My friends and I use to watch NASCAR every weekend, now we only watch a few races a year. I think it's because of all the commercials and "Plugs" the drivers have to do when they do interviews..

One other thing i want to point out is that I thought the Networks got most/all their money from the commericals they make us watch and that's why we have to watch them. 

Stick to your offer Spectrum and don't settle. You will probably lose a lot of money because your customers will go else where. Good luck! 

Newcomer

Where is fox 8?

Have contacted both Charter and Northwest Broadcasting asking for them to get negotiations going and get channel 8 back on air..in their emails back to me each side is blaming the other...today I see channel8 is no lo get listed in their line up..!
Newcomer

I want my channels back it went up even though you're not on there
Observer

I stopped watching CRAPCAR when the gave jimmy Johnson several championships with ADMITTED Ghost cautions and as far as FOX? If someone hadn't of asked i never would have missed it, when my "Package"  runs out in mid March I am dropping everything but, the internet. Comcast and Time warner are the worst companies, I hope they go bankrupt.

Observer

Re: Science, DIY & Velocity Channels

MONOPOLY  is what its called and the republicans are part of the scam.

LML
Newcomer

Re: Removing channels

That's a terrific idea if you are close enough to a broadcase source.  For those of us 60 miles or more away from a source, we do not have this option.

Maybe so but I bet they care more about providing a great service to their customers than spectrum obviously does,,,cause obviously spectrum doesn’t. Greedy fools. I too am looking elsewhere for my tv needs. This is flat out (edited)