Newcomer

No Spike TV

What happened to Spike TV on channels 55 and 116.  I enjoyed the show Power Nation every Sunday morning from 9 to 11 AM.  It was a Sunday morning ritual....no more.  Please restore this Channel on the HD cable box.

6 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: No Spike TV

Spike TV was rebranded by the network, we did not drop the channel. 

You can read about the channel here: http://www.paramountnetwork.com/

par.JPG

SPIKE IS NOW

PARAMOUNT NETWORK

Find your favorite shows and discover new original series on Paramount Network. From classics like Lip Sync Battle, Ink Master, Bar Rescue, and Bellator to bold new shows like Waco, Heathers, Yellowstone, and American Woman, Paramount Network is your destination for premium entertainment. Keep watching for compelling, immersive, and ambitious storytelling.

GO NOW

Newcomer

Update: Spike channel has been sold to Paramount Networks a division of Viacom.  I when to their website and confirmed that they have dropped Power Nation.  Go a lodge your complaint.  They just might bring it back

Seasoned Contributor

The weird thing is that in Los Angeles, CA 90024 (probably other L.A.-area zip codes, too), the Navigator Guide still has the channel numbers (on my lineup, 76 and 116) labeled SPIKE HD with the Spike logo in the channel banner and in the upper left corner of the onscreen Guide. The program information is correct, just the channel name and logo haven’t been updated in the Navigator Guide, whereas on the older iGuide boxes, it’s labeled PARAD if I remember correctly (standing for Paramount HD). I know this because I was visiting a friend Saturday night who has the older boxes.

For the newer boxes, the channel name can be PARA HD or simply PARAMOUNT, since the channel name on those boxes can contain up to nine characters.

Does anyone else with Navigator boxes in other areas see this, too? Or is it just me?
Sharer

Spike TV has always been owned by Viacom. Only the name and programming have been changed.
Originally, the channel was called "The Nashville Network", then "The National Network".
Highlighted
Sharer

My Navigator box shows the correct new logo with PARHD.
Seasoned Contributor

Now mine does, too, as of today.