Observer

New spectrum

[ Edited ]

I'm getting pixelation on several channels. Two channels just went dark and Chill isn't supported anymore. I'm not impressed... And my bill is still too high! AT&T is looking better... Didn't want to go through the hassle of switching but the new Spectrum is  (edited)

9 REPLIES
Expert

Re: New spectrum

Spectrum cancelled chiller to both spectrum and TWC customers.

Pixellation is due to bad signal levels, you have too many or open splitter ports, loose connections or corroded/ chewed up outside lines and probably need twc out if it's not obvious.

Observer

Didn't use to happen. So METV & THISTV just went black because? Guess I can blame the squirrels

Observer

Didn't use to happen. So METV & THISTV just went black because? Guess I can blame the squirrels
Oh. and bad connection... That would be spectrum... Nothing has changed except TWC so let's blame the squirrels
Established Sharer

jorj0613 wrote:

==============

MeTV is now on channel 15 in San Diego.  Guide shows it as KGTV15.

Observer

Great for them
Observer

Channel 15 in SC is HSNHD
Observer

So you are so telling me that Spectrum has no clue... are you even in the US?
Trusted Helper

jorj0613 wrote:

Chiller and Clue are gone from most systems, because NBC/Universal wanted too much money for a renewal agreement, and the viewership ratings for both were in the toilet.   

Channel pixilation is due to bad signals, drop-lines, or problems with the junction box on your street.  Avoid resetting your box for at least six hours.  Doing so before that time will reset the signal error codes.  Contact Spectrum for a truck roll to check the signals on that channel,  The tech needs check your drop line and junction box.  Specifiy this on the work order.  Tune to each channel when the tech is there so that he can take a signal reading.  A replaced box will not solve bad signal levels.

Satch

Highlighted
Established Sharer

jorj0613 wrote:

Except for those specifically identified as Spectrum employees, this forum is made up of your peers who are just trying to help. 99 out of 100 times pixelation is caused by a bad coax connection somewhere...whether it be the street, your yard, the wall plate, a splitter.

As far as channels going away or being moved to a different tier...this happens because there aren't enough viewers of that channel to warrant keeping it to make room for something else that gets higher viewership or to make room for more internet bandwidth.