NY Mets Games on WPIX

I am a TWC Spectrum Cable customer from Sayre, PA 18840

I have watched the NY Mets Games on:

SNY - most of the games - and currently receiving this channel

Spectrum Sports - for many years broadcasted the Mets games (WPIX broadcast)

A few months ago, i was not able to receive Spectrum Sports (not available in my area).

In turn, I am loosing the WPIX mets games

Is there any plans to broadcast these games on another channel as I am (and will be) missing a significant amount of Mets games throughout the season?

7 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: NY Mets Games on WPIX

Well, you are definitely out of the NYC Television market, so carriage of WPIX on your system is a legacy holdover as being a significantly viewed station or back when there were "SuperStations".

To that end, since you are on the PA side fo the border, I imagine you are in terriorty claimed by the Phillies (but possibly the Pirates), and may need to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings, or MLB.tv (preferred) in order to watch Mets games.

WPIX doens't show as many games as they have in the past, most are on SNY.

Sharer

According to MLB.TV, zip code 18840 is in Pittsburgh Pirates home territory.

You'd be able to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings or one of the MLB streaming options to watch all Mets games except for when they play the Pirates.

Newcomer

I also have this problem Binghamton area 13760. You got rid of twc sports and now no more Mets games. These are weekend games. This is the reason I have cable. We have gotten all 162 games for 30 years until spectrum
Newcomer

Is anyone going to correct this issue or should I just cancel my service
Newcomer

Good luck, I have struggled with this for years.  I live in upstate NY and get SNY but cannot get WPIX anymore.  I went as far as paying for the MLB package just to get the games on PIX only to find out that we are part of the blackout area.  It's a 7 hour drive from my house to Citi Field and we are in the blackout area!  I have argued till I'm Blue and Orange in the face but, no one cares!

Highlighted
Established Sharer

MLB is the party responsible for blocking your Mets games.  Spectrum can't change the contracts existing between MLB, individual teams, and sports networks who provide the video programming.  Can we say "Anti-Trust Exemption?"

WNYSD which is the myTV network is airing the WPIX games. Oh but wait Spectrum can't get that right either. Another failed negotiation. Just air the WPIX games on the special events channel as Time Warner did on TWC Sports channel. Simple