Missing on demand episodes

It's really ridiculous how many episodes of popular shows are missing from TWC On Demand. I think the servie is really a joke. When you call TWC you can never get a straight answer. They sent a technician out which was a waste of time (mine). I've read online that it's the networks that are causing the issue. I pay my monthly bill to TWC,  not the network, with a certain n expectation of service.  It doesn't even make sense that Animal Kingdom would have 2 episodes missing in the middle of the season, but all are available on DirectTV. I know this because I have to watch all the missing episodes on a friend's Directv. Time to make a switch!!!

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Missing on demand episodes

miked1972 wrote:

It's really ridiculous how many episodes of popular shows are missing from TWC On Demand. I think the servie is really a joke. When you call TWC you can never get a straight answer. They sent a technician out which was a waste of time (mine). I've read online that it's the networks that are causing the issue. I pay my monthly bill to TWC,  not the network, with a certain n expectation of service.  It doesn't even make sense that Animal Kingdom would have 2 episodes missing in the middle of the season, but all are available on DirectTV. I know this because I have to watch all the missing episodes on a friend's Directv. Time to make a switch!!!

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, the broadcast network has the say on when On Demand Content becomes available, and when it can be downloaded to vendor servers.  This is typically within three to seven days of the original broadcast date.  No tech can change that, and the CSR's should have know that sending a tech out, was a total waste of time.  If a CSR rolled a tech out for that, he/she needs SERIOUS RETRAINING.

What you need to do is contact the station website with the missing episodes and indicate that they are not available On Demand.  Give Spectrum as your cable provider, and your zip code.  Typical of big business today, they will probably put the blame on the cable provider, but with background experience in this industry and working with the people and technology for many years, I can assure you, this is a broadcast/network issue.

Satch