Rookie

MGM Available to me?

Hello

I am a brand new subscriber and first time to Spectrum.  I do not see MGM on my channel list provided to me by Spectrum and I do not see it listed on the channel guide on the webpage, but I DO see it on my TV guide from my STB.  However, it is locked.  I already have the Gold level package and have essentially all other channels.  Can anyone tell me if I should have this channel and if not, what I would need to add or subscribe to to get it?

Thank you,

Robert

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: MGM Available to me?

@robertgambs wrote:

Hello

I am a brand new subscriber and first time to Spectrum.  I do not see MGM on my channel list provided to me by Spectrum and I do not see it listed on the channel guide on the webpage, but I DO see it on my TV guide from my STB.  However, it is locked.  I already have the Gold level package and have essentially all other channels.  Can anyone tell me if I should have this channel and if not, what I would need to add or subscribe to to get it?

Thank you,

Robert

Hi Robert,

MGN was a channel on the old TWC package.  It is not carried by Spectrum at all and I don't think ever was carried .

According to Wkipedia, not the most reliable reference because anyone can edit the pages, but they have many mods to try to keep things accurage, MGM has been rebranded to another network:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM_(TV_channel)

It sounds like it has been off of TWC for awhile as well.

Yes, it is still in the guide, along with a couple of other channels that are dead or have been renamed.  Gracenote does Spectrum's listing data, and some areas do not have updated guide information for some of the channels that have changed.  About 95% of the guide data is correct, maybe a little more.

A person with whom I communicate in my area in a nearby city said that in his billing notice, Spectrum had planned a line-up update notice to align the guide by Spectrum Package level around mid September.  He got that notice with his August billing statement.  I am in a nearby city and received no such notice.

I had the mods send notice about some of the channels in the guide that had changed names or were no longer avaliable in my area.  They reached out to my division, (Brookfield, Wisconsin) but never heard back.

I don't know if everything is on hold or what, but I remember seeing MGM Channel listed in the guide in search results,  This was before I switched to a Sprectrum plan,  You try to go to it, and it just bounces back to the channel that you were on, MGM Channel no longer exists.

Satch

Rookie

Re: MGM Available to me?

Thank you for the information.  That wasy very helpful.