Not applicable

Legacy TWC customer

Hello, I am a legacy TWC customer, does anyone know if I can upgrade my internet speed with changing to one of the Spectrum channel lineups? I like my current channel lineup but want more internet speed. Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Legacy TWC customer

northfieldusmc wrote:

Hello, I am a legacy TWC customer, does anyone know if I can upgrade my internet speed with changing to one of the Spectrum channel lineups? I like my current channel lineup but want more internet speed. Thanks!

Yes,

You will get more Internet speed if you switch to a Spectrum package.  Up to 60Megs download.  100 in some areas.  This is about the only benefit of switching to a Spectrum line-up from TWC.

If you have TV service such as TWC Preferred TV or Digital Variety Pass, you will need to take BOTH Digi Tier 1 and Digi Tier 2 Spectrum packages to get all the channels.  If you want all the Premium Channels, take Spectrum Gold.  (Comes with Tier 1 and Tier 2 channels as well.)

If you drop down to Spectrum Silver, my understanding is that you will get HBO, Cinamax, and Showtime included, BUT, you will lose several channels that were automatically a part of TWC Variety Pass and Preferred TV.

Once you switch to a Spectrum plan, you can never ever go back to a TWC plan.  This is because the TWC codes are out of the system once you switch.  I would make sure you visit the TWC line up site and enter your zip code before switching.  You will see the differences in the line-ups.  They are about 95% the same.  But with a Spectrum plan, there are a few channels that are in different packages.  There are about five or fewer channels that one line up has that the other doesn't.

Satch

Browser

They make you change everything.

What channels are you afraid of losing?

digi tier 1 includes stuff like animal planet, tcm, nick jr,  nba tv, and gsn

digi tier 2 includes stuff like boomering, mtv 2, mtv live, teen nick, nick toons,

I don't think any of those channels are worth adding up to $24 more to the total

If you don't need premium channels don't let them trick you into a silver or gold package.

however,
If you can have another roomate signup to get new customer pricing , go to spectrum's website and pick the $45 internet option then add Silver for $30.   That's the best deal they have for new customers for a year.

Highlighted
Expert

NO, to upgrade speed your TWC legacy account gets cancelled and you're stuck with whatever Spectrum decides is in a package and probably at a much higher price than you're paying now.

Unless you're in a starter/basic tier

Browser

if you are paying over $145 total and only need standard channels and 1 box then switching is a good deal
uj
Spectrum Employee

It really depends on what you currently have. We can add the old school add-ons (ult 100, ult 200, ult 300)  depending on what your base speed is and what bundle you have. The add-ons vary from area to area depending on which markets were maxx markets. For some occasions, we may have to switch you over to spectrum pricing. 

------
My posts are my own and not the views of my employer.